One

Okay, so I'm at work and it's 3 in the morning, I'm willing to give you guys the first chapter early (even though it technically is Monday for me😝😂)

Demi

Liked by sirahsays, scooterbraun and 5,187,589 othersddlovato the best start to the new year because after nearly 2 months in the NICU, my little peanut is finally coming home😩😍 thank you everyone for your endless support over these past couple ...

ddlovato the best start to the new year because after nearly 2 months in the NICU, my little peanut is finally coming home😩😍 thank you everyone for your endless support over these past couple months. I may not have replied to all of your messages but I've seen them and I am so thankful for every single one of you❤️❤️ and thank you @maxehrich for everything, literally🥺😘
View all 16,926 comments
diannadelagarza oh, our little squish😍
maxehrich you don't need to thank me for anything baby. you and our peanut are my world❤️❤️
demimax assuming baby's a girl by the pink blanket?🥺
maxehrich 😉😉

"Oh, Peanut" Max cooed as he gently lowered Ayla down into the car seat. She screamed at the loss of contact from her daddy but eventually settled as Max pressed the tip of his finger into the palm of her hand.

"I feel so useless" Max glanced back at me as I stood behind him, leaning on my crutches.

"You aren't useless" he cupped my chin in his hand and leant to press a kiss to my lips causing me to smile. "You hopefully only have a week left with the cast, and then you'll be as good as new" he pressed another peck to my lips before he turned back to Ayla.

"I can't believe how tiny she is. She isn't much bigger than Savannah" Max lightly chuckled with a nod.

"She's our tiny little peanut" I leant against Max's side as we stared down at Ayla who was slowly falling to sleep.

"She looks pretty settled."

"Let's get her home then" I nodded up at Max with a smile. He leant down to brush his lips with mine causing my smile to only widen. "Shall we get you home, Peanut?" Max settled the car seat onto his arm and began from the room with me hopping along behind him. There was paparazzi surrounding the hospital, snapping away with their cameras. I was thankful when Max removed his jacket and draped it over the car seat so there was no way that they could see in. There were a couple questions being shouted at us but we just ignored them as we continued towards the car. "Go and get in the car. I'll sort her out" I nodded and pressed a kiss to his cheek before I wondered around the car and slid into the backseat as Max clicked the car seat into the base. It wasn't until he shut the door that I removed the jacket. The windows in the back of the car are tinted so there's no way they can see into the car seat.

"Hi, Peanut. Are we going home, Ayla?" her hand clasped around the tip of my finger causing my heart to melt. "Oh, my Baby" I ran my thumb along her knuckles. "You're so gorgeous" Max started the car and slowly began out of the parking lot. "Hello, Baby Girl" I cooed as her eyes fluttered open.

"She awake?"

"Yeah, she woke when you started the car" I ran the backs of my fingers along her cheek. It fell silent around us, the radio on low as we continued towards home. Max driving way below the speed limit. "You can drive a little faster, you know?"

"I have my entire world in this car, I'm not driving any faster" I rolled my eyes but glanced down at Ayla.

"We love daddy, right, Ayla?" her lips formed into a pout, her body tensing at her threat of tears. "Oh, Baby, you're okay" I stroked my finger against her cheek as she started to whimper. I softly began to sing, the sound of my voice almost instantly soothing Ayla. Her hand clasped around the tip of my finger as she seemed to just listen to my voice. It was as we finally pulled into our driveway that Ayla dropped back to sleep. "Of course she falls to sleep now" Max lightly chuckled as he brought the car to a stop. He quietly climbed from the car and grabbed out the car seat as I slipped out of the backseat. I followed Max up to the front door, the sound of Batman and Ella barking caused Ayla to stir.

"Okay, Guys, calm down" Max began straight into the living room and lowered the car seat down onto the floor. Batman and Ella were too interested in Max to notice the baby in the car seat, that was until Ayla whined and they took an instant interest in her.

"This is Ayla, Babies. She's your special little sister" I took a seat on the couch opposite her and I gently unstrapped her from the car seat. She whined at the movement but settled the moment she was against my chest. Max took a seat beside me, Batman and Ella jumping up onto the couch but they thankfully kept their distance. "What do you think?" Ella was the first to move forward, sniffing at Ayla's foot and then Batman followed. They sniffed at her for a couple moments before they jumped off the couch and found interest in a toy.

"Well, that was easy" Max lightly chuckled as he leant to press a kiss to my temple. "I wonder what they'll be like when she starts screaming?" he leant down to press a kiss to the top of her head as she curled into me.

"I'm sure they'll get used to her. They'll love her even more when she can actually play with them."

"Yeah, they'll love a little play buddy."

"Anyway, welcome home, Baby Girl" the smile on my face widened as Max pressed a kiss to Ayla's forehead. My heart has never felt so full.

——