Thirty Nine

Demi

Liked by jillpowellglam, sirahsays and 8,517,853 others ddlovato HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY PEANUT 😩🥺😍💗 How in the world are you already one? I couldn't imagine my life without you in it Ayla Mackenzie

ddlovato HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY PEANUT 😩🥺😍💗 How in the world are you already one? I couldn't imagine my life without you in it Ayla Mackenzie. You are such a sweet little diva. You light up any room you walk into you. You have the most amazing giggle and you are my world 🌎 I love to the moon and back a thousand times ✨ Have the best birthday ever baby 💗
View all 81,628 comments
kobejohn Happy Birthday Ayla 🎂💗
         ddlovato 💗💗
theoneandonlydallaslovato Happy birthday beautiful girl 😘

"What is it, Beautiful?" she squealed as she ripped off the paper to reveal a mini pink piano. "Thank you, Mother" my mom sent me a wink and a smirk as I rolled my eyes and groaned. "We are not opening that until later."

"I think she wants to open it, Dems" I glanced to Dallas who was sat on the floor behind Ayla with Savannah on her lap.

"Can we not open another present, Ayla?"

"No, Mama" she pointed at the piano.

"Ayla, you got to pout for it to work" she turned to Maddie who was pouting at her. "But you got to face mommy for it to work also" Ayla giggled as Maddie turned her to face me.

"Fine, open it" I dropped back against the couch with a sigh, smiling as Kobe pressed a kiss to my temple.

"Ease up" I rolled my eyes and nudged him in the side.

"It isn't you who's going to have to listen to it 24/7."

"I'm pretty much here 24/7, so..." a smirk spread across his face.

"You..." the doorbell rang, cutting into my sentence. "That better be Max or I swear to god" I pushed myself up from the couch, my hand settling momentarily on my belly. "It's about time you showed up" I didn't even try to hide my annoyance as I pulled open the front door to reveal Max.

"Sorry" my eyes danced to the envelope he had in hand.

"What's that?"

"The results" I stepped out of the way so he could step inside.

"Have you opened it?" he shook his head as I shut the door behind us and turned to face him. "Why not? And do we need to do this today because it's Ayla's birthday, unless you forgot?" he rolled his eyes as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I wouldn't forget my own daughter's birthday, Demi."

"No, but you can forget what time your daughter's birthday party started?"

"It isn't exactly a party, is it? And I'm having her tomorrow so I thought we could celebrate then, and if he's here, I'm not staying" I rolled my eyes, my hand caressing my belly as baby kicked.

"You should actually be thanking him, because he's the reason you got the paternity test."

"I don't care. I will never thank him."

"Feel free to check the result. I don't need to know because I already know who my baby's father is. It's you who had doubts" he ripped open the envelope and pulled out the paper. He read the letter for a moment before he sighed and glanced up at me.

"I'm sorry."

"No, you're not, Max. You accused me of cheating on you which is something that I would never do. I'm not that person. I wouldn't cheat on someone that I planned to marry" he slid the letter back into the envelope and folded it up, shoving it into his pocket. "Now, do you want to celebrate your daughter's birthday with her?" I knew his answer, he didn't need to say anything.

"No, I-I'll just see her tomorrow."

"You need to sort your shit out, Max, because you have two daughters that will need you."

"Two daughters?"

"Shit" I glanced away from him briefly, my fingers running through my hair. "I-I found out the gender last week, it's another girl. I have an ultrasound printout, if you want one?" he silently nodded, his eyes dropping to the floor. "I'll go and grab it" I headed into the living room.

"You okay, Baby?" I glanced back at Kobe with a smile.

"I'm great" he lightly chuckled.

"Mama."

"Hi Peanut" I lifted her onto my hip, my lips pressing a delicate kiss to her temple. "You enjoying your piano, Gorgeous?" she giggled and dropped her head onto my shoulder. "Do you want to see daddy?" I gently whispered causing her to nod. "Let's just grab a photo of your little sister for daddy" I grabbed one of the printouts that sat on the mantlepiece, keeping Ayla settled on my hip as I turned and headed back out into the hall.

"Daddy" Ayla squealed, throwing herself at Max as he lightly smiled.

"Hi Baby Girl" she giggled as she cuddled herself into him. "Happy birthday, Peanut. I can't believe that you're already 1. You're getting so big, Baby" she squealed as Max began to tickle at her tummy as she sat on his hip. I gently smiled, my hand caressing my belly. "Are you having a good birthday, Ayla?"

"Mama, Bebe oh" she pointed behind me.

"Bebe?"

"She..." I stopped myself and shook my head. "It's what she calls Kobe" he nodded, his lips forming a tight line.

"Right" he stepped towards me, lifting Ayla off his hip. "Go back to mommy, Ayla. Daddy will see you tomorrow, okay?" she looked confused as she was suddenly thrust towards me. I quickly took her, terrified that if I didn't, Max would let her go and she would drop to the floor.

"Go and find Bebe, Peanut" I lowered Ayla down onto the floor, thankful that she toddled into the living room. I pulled the door to a close behind her and turned to Max. "What the fuck is your problem?" I crossed my arms over my chest, my bump standing out.

"My problem is him" he pointed behind me.

"I'm assuming that you're talking about Kobe?"

"I don't like him around my daughter, Demi. I don't want him around my daughter."

"She's our daughter, Max. I wouldn't have him around her if I didn't think he was good" he just rolled his eyes.

"And your judgement of people is incredible, Demi, isn't it?"

"Well, I accepted your proposal, so it's a little off, yeah" he rolled his eyes and released a sarcastic chuckle. "You are so judgemental towards someone that you don't even know. He's been there for me throughout this pregnancy more than my baby's own father has. Grow up, Max, and figure out where your priorities are before you lose everything. Now, if you don't want to stay and you haven't got anything nice to say, then you can leave" I walked towards the front door and held it open for him to leave. "I'll be in touch about my next appointment, it's your choice whether you want to come or not. I don't need anything from you, Max. I just want my baby to have their father around" he silently left and I rolled my eyes as I slammed the door behind him. I dropped my head against it and released a breath of frustration, my hands caressing my belly as I tried to stop my tears from falling.

"You okay, Baby?" I jumped, turning to Kobe and I weakly smiled.

"He knows that the baby is his and he's still being an asshole."

"He doesn't like me around, does he?"

"Nope, but I don't care because you aren't going anywhere" he ran his hands along my belly and around my waist.

"I don't plan on going anywhere" I ran my hands along his shoulders and cupped at the back of his neck, bringing his lips down to meet mine. The feel of his lips against mine thankfully helped me to relax and I was able to enjoy the rest of Ayla's day.

——