Forty Two

Starting my day off with an update for you all 😜❤️

Demi

"This is going to be your nursery, Angel, and if it wasn't for Bebe, it wouldn't be ready for you yet" I spoke down to my belly as I glanced around the nursery

"This is going to be your nursery, Angel, and if it wasn't for Bebe, it wouldn't be ready for you yet" I spoke down to my belly as I glanced around the nursery. "I love you so much, Angel" I received numerous kicks as baby tried to get herself comfortable. "Not long left, Baby Girl" I lightly traced patterns on my belly, jumping slightly when I felt a hand on my lower back. "Shit, Kobe" he lightly chuckled and leant to press a kiss to my cheek.

"How long have you been awake for?"

"Not long. I left the room and came straight in here" he locked his arms around me and lightly caressed my belly as I leant back into him. "Thank you."

"For what, Baby?"

"For decorating the nursery" I turned myself around in his arms and ran my hands along his neck, running my fingers into his hair that had slowly grown out. "If it wasn't for you, this nursery would not be ready for her" he leant down to brush his lips with mine.

I'm 35 weeks pregnant and my due date is just growing closer. Max hasn't changed. He still sees Ayla every now and then but he is cancelling so much more recently. He asks about the baby every so often and he came when I went for a 3D ultrasound but he refused to come if Kobe was there. Kobe has been to every appointment for this baby, he has been there for me through everything but he gladly stayed away so that Max could finally see his baby, he could finally try and bond with his daughter. Even though I thought his gesture was sweet, I didn't think it would work because I don't think Max will ever bond with this baby. Since I announced the pregnancy, there are rumours flying around that Kobe is the biological father. I haven't done much in regards to my career, I've been going into the studio every so often but I have no desire to release anything at present so I did a one-off interview and set the record straight. The rumours were pissing Max off and he wasn't pleasant to be around.

"Ayla, no. You eat it, Baby. It's your breakfast, not Batman and Ella's" she lightly giggled as she shovelled a hand full of scrambled egg into her mouth. I turned back to my breakfast, avocado on toast, and took a bite. I kept my eye on Ayla out of the corner of my eye so I noticed when she dropped some scrambled egg onto the floor. "Ayla, no" she jumped, her lower lip sticking out as her chin quivered. "Baby, it's your breakfast" she whined, beginning to push at the highchair. I went to stand up but was halted by Kobe.

"I'll grab her, Babe. You finish your breakfast" he lowered his coffee down onto the counter before he wondered to Ayla, unstrapping her from the highchair. "Shall we get you cleaned up, Ayla?" I took another bite of my breakfast as Ayla cuddled herself into him.

"No."

"No? I think you mean yes, Little Miss" she giggled as Kobe began from the room. Ayla is loving the word no at the minute. Her answer to everything is no. She's 16 months old and she is so sassy. I think she's hitting her terrible twos a couple months early. I glanced to my phone that sat on the table beside me as it lit up.

Max: I can't have Ayla today.

My blood slowly began to boil.

Me: Are you fucking serious Max?

I glanced at the plate of my half-eaten breakfast and suddenly felt no desire to finish it. I actually felt a little nauseous.

Max: Yeah.

I rolled my eyes and released a groan. I pushed myself to stand and disposed of my breakfast in the trash, dropping the plate into the sink, not even caring if it smashed. I began from the room, my blood boiling with rage. I headed upstairs and into Ayla's room the sight that I was met with had me beaming and the anger I felt slowly began to melt away. Ayla was sat on Kobe's lap, giggling as he exaggerated trying to put on her socks.

"No" she squealed, giggling as he tried to put her sock on her hand.

"Where does it go then, Miss Ayla?" she pointed to her foot. "Is that your foot, Baby?" she nodded even though she didn't have a clue. We've been teaching her words for different areas of her body. She knows where are eyes, nose, ears and lips are but everywhere else is a little bit of a struggle. Ayla stood up and turned to face Kobe thankfully without noticing me as I leant against the doorframe.

"Nose" she pressed her finger against his nose and giggled.

"Yes, that is my nose, Ayla" she continued to giggle, squealing as he lightly tickled at her tummy. It was only a moment later that her eyes found me in the doorway.

"Mama" she squealed, tripping over Kobe as she toddled towards me.

"Careful, Ayla" she just giggled as Kobe caught her and steadied her. She continued towards me and crashed into my legs, her grip tight around them.

"Hi Beautiful" she held her arms up, wanting me to pick her up. "Mommy can't, Gorgeous" she whined and began to tug at my shirt. "Can you pick her up for me?" Kobe pushed himself up from the floor and lifted Ayla onto his hip. "Come here then, Peanut" I took her from him and I lightly smiled as she cuddled into my side. She lay her hand on my belly which just caused the smile on my face to widen. I pressed a kiss to the top of her head and began to run my fingers through her hair. "Shall we get your hair sorted, Ayla?"

"What time is Max coming for her?"

"He's not" I shook my head and headed towards the chair in the corner of the room. "Stand up for mommy then, Peanut" I lowered her to the floor, her arms resting on my thighs as I began to run my fingers through her hair.

"What's his excuse this time?"

"He didn't give one. I'm just so fed up with him, Ko" I grabbed a hair tie off the table and placed Ayla's hair into two ponytails.

"I know you are, Baby."

"This was supposed to be a relaxing week before baby came and he..." Kobe leant down to press a kiss to my temple, his fingers stroking through my hair. "I may as well give up on my dream of him being here for the baby, right?" Kobe's lips tugged into a sympathetic smile. "He can't even be here for Ayla so he definitely isn't going to be here for baby."

"We can have a relaxing day, okay? Just us three. I don't mind watching Ayla if you get tired and you need a nap."

"I don't deserve you" he smiled as he cupped my chin.

"I love you so much" I nodded, giggling lightly as he pressed a peck to my lips.

"I love you too."

"Uv, Mama" our attention fell on Ayla who was staring up at us.

"And we love you too, Ayla" she squealed as Kobe wrapped his arm around her and pressed a kiss to her cheek. I leant back against the chair, my hand settling on my belly as a smile formed on my face. Everything I need is right in front of me.

——