Forty

Demi

Demi Lovato sparks romance rumours with male friend after they were spotted out on a romantic date together at Nobu in Malibu.

The Confident singer recently separated from fiancé and Young and the Restless star, Max Ehrich, and on numerous occasions since has been spotted out with the same male friend.

A source for Lovato spoke only a matter of weeks ago, saying that 'Lovato isn't looking for a relationship at the moment, she wants to focus on her daughter.'

This news comes two weeks after sightings of Max Ehrich with singer Sonika Vaid.

Has Lovato found herself a new lover?

"You're my new lover" I smirked, glancing to Kobe who chuckled.

"What are you reading?" he ran his hand along my thigh as I glanced back down at my phone.

"An article about us, we were spotted out last night" he nodded, his thumb stroking against my thigh causing tingles to shoot up my body. "I look so fat in this photo."

"You're not fat, Baby, you're pregnant" he lightly ran his hand along my belly. I ran my hand along his and smiled down at them. A comfortable silence settled around us, the only sound in the car was coming from the radio. Today, I'm meeting Kobe's mom, and to say I'm nervous is a complete understatement. I'm completely bricking it. I'm terrified. I want his mom to like me because I intend to keep him in my life forever. I know I've felt like that before but this time it's different and it's difficult to explain.

"Demi, stop shaking your leg" his hand moved from my belly and settled back on my thigh.

"I'm nervous, Kobe" he began to trace patterns on my thigh.

"You don't need to be nervous, Baby. She's going to love you" I stared over at him for a moment as his eyes briefly locked with mine, a small smile settled on his face.

"And she doesn't mind that Ayla's coming along?" Ayla was supposed to be with Max, but he bailed, because apparently he has more important things to do with his day. He left it till the last minute to tell me so I didn't have the chance to make alternative arrangements. I feel like Max isn't going to like it, but he's just going to have to deal with it. It's his own fault anyway.

"She loves babies, Dems. She doesn't care, she's excited to meet her" my mouth twitched at the corners as I glanced back at Ayla. The pounding of my heart just seemed to increase as Kobe pulled into his mom's driveway.

Kobe's dad died when he was 12 so he was raised by his mom, and then his stepfather from the age of 14

Kobe's dad died when he was 12 so he was raised by his mom, and then his stepfather from the age of 14. His stepfather travels a lot for work so he won't be in. Kobe also has 2 siblings, an older sister and younger brother who we're planning to meet at a later date. I think meeting his entire family in one go will be a little too overwhelming.

"Did you grow up here?"

"No. Mom moved here when she married Pete. I lived here from the age of 16" I nodded, glancing to Kobe as he brought the car to a stop in the driveway. I climbed from the car and went to grab Ayla from her car seat but Kobe beat me to it. Ayla happily settled herself on his hip, sending me a wave causing me to smile.

"Hi Peanut" she giggled as I pressed a kiss to her cheek, my hand settled on my belly. My stomach had filled itself with butterflies and I felt a little nauseous as we stepped onto the porch and Kobe rang the doorbell. The door was pulled open less than a minute later by Kobe's mom.

"Baby Boy" I chewed down on my lower lip and lightly giggled as Kobe rolled his eyes at the term of endearment.

"Mom" he groaned but allowed her to wrap him up in a hug.

"And you must be Demi" I nodded with a smile. "I'm Ann, and it's so nice to meet you. You're so much more beautiful in person" I allowed her to wrap her arms around me.

"Thank you" she gave me a smile as she pulled away from the hug.

"And you must be Ayla" her voice went a little higher as she turned to Ayla who cuddled herself more into Kobe's side, hiding her face in his side.

"She's a little shy around strangers."

"And that's okay. You're very beautiful, Ayla. You look a lot like your mommy" Ayla shyly giggled. "And I heard that it was recently your birthday."

"You were one weren't you, Peanut?" I ran my fingers gently through Ayla's hair.

"And I hear that one-year olds love presents?" Ayla very slowly removed her face from Kobe's side and turned to face Ann.

"Ann, you didn't..."

"It was nothing" she sent me a smile. "You want to come and see what I got you, Ayla?" she surprised us all by leaning towards Ann. Even Ann looked surprised as she took Ayla and settled her against her hip. I turned to Kobe as Ann turned and began into the house.

"I told you" I rolled my eyes as he ran his hand along my cheek and leant to press a quick peck to my lips. "Come on, let's go and see what my mom brought her" I lightly giggled, sliding my hand into his as he guided me into the house. We found Ayla in the living room with Ann, her mouth wide as she stared at the little tricycle in front of her.

"What is it, Ayla?" she glanced back at me beginning to gently bounce. "You sit on it, Baby" I lifted Ayla onto the seat and fastened her in. "Hold onto the handles, Peanut" I helped her to place her hands, glancing up at Kobe who took a hold of the handle. "And then, you move" she squealed as Kobe began to move the bike. My heart warmed, and I felt tears beginning to burn at the back of my eyes at the happiness on her face.

——