Thirty Six

Demi

"Hey, no" I grumbled as Kobe lightly slapped my hand away.

"It's not exactly heavy, Ko."

"Demi, no" I rolled my eyes and huffed, crossing my arms over my chest. "Anyone would be happy that they don't need to carry thousands of boxes."

"It's not thousands of boxes and it..."

"It isn't going to work, now go and sit down" I rolled my eyes again, glancing to Matthew who walked up to us and grabbed a box labelled 'Kitchen.'

"You want us to start unpacking stuff, Dems?"

"Please. I-I'm coming in a minute so I can help you out" he nodded, sending me a smile before he disappeared. I turned back to Kobe who had his back to me. He only turned to face me once he obviously noticed my stare and jumped off the back of the truck.

"You're carrying enough, Dem" he cupped my chin in his hand and I sighed with a pout. "You can pout as much as you want but it isn't going to work, now go and sit down" he chuckled as I released a huff, crossed my arms over my chest and began into the house. Today, if you haven't guessed, is moving day. I visited the house that Maddie and I looked at a couple weeks ago and I fell in love with it. I put in an offer and they accepted. I'm also 18 weeks pregnant so according to Kobe, I am unable to do any heavy lifting. I enlisted the help of my family and friends who were all willing to lend a hand. Ayla is staying with Max for the weekend due to the fact that the house will be all over the place.

 Ayla is staying with Max for the weekend due to the fact that the house will be all over the place

I stepped into the kitchen and smiled, wondering towards one of the boxes that sat on the counter

"How are you doing, Baby Girl?" I smiled at mom as she gently caressed my belly.

"I'm not bad. Little one's been treating me a little better recently."

"You felt any movement yet?"

"I can feel little flutters" I smiled down at my bump.

"Max changed his mind about them yet?" I rolled my eyes at just the mention of him. "I'm taking that eye roll as a no?"

"He still believes that they aren't his. He still doesn't want anything to do with them until a paternity test proves that he's the father. I'm so over him and his pettiness. He just needs to grow up and get over himself" mom gave me a small smile.

"Did you see the article about him?"

"What? And his mystery woman" mom nodded. "Yeah, I did. Apparently they're just friends, but I don't know."

"Would it bother you if they were more than friends?"

"No, I couldn't give a shit what..." I was cut off before I could finish by my mom.

"Okay, Baby" I released a sigh as she leant to press a kiss to my cheek. "You just focus on this little one, okay?"

"And Ayla?"

"And Ayla" I lightly giggled. "Alright, what box do you want me to unpack next?"

-

"I'm so tired" I grumbled causing Kobe to chuckle as he lowered himself down onto the couch beside me. "And there's still so much left to unpack" he turned to face me on the couch as I ran my hand along my belly. "Pass me your hand" he looked confused but I took his hand in mine and pressed it against my belly. "Can you feel that?" I watched as a look of amazement covered his face.

"Th-That's amazing" I lightly giggled.

"That's baby saying 'Hi Bebe'" a smile spread across his face.

"Hi Cutie" the smile on my face widened and tears burnt at the back of my eyes as he leant to press a kiss to my belly. I ran my fingers along his head, trying to hold back my emotions.

"I-I don't want..." I stopped myself as Kobe glanced up at me, his eyes locked with mine and he sent me a smile. "I-I don't want you to take this the wrong way or anything but..." his eyebrows furrowed. "I really wish that this baby was biologically yours" he used the pad of his thumb to wipe the tears from my cheeks. "I mean, their dad wants nothing to do with them because he doesn't believe that they're his. He-He doesn't..." Kobe adjusted himself on the couch so he could wrap me up in his embrace.

"Can I tell you something?" I nodded, the fingers of my right-hand tracing around his ear as he pulled away from me. "If you want me to, and if Max doesn't step up even if it's proved that the baby is his, I will happily step into that father role."

"Are you serious?" he nodded with a smile.

"Dem, I'm 100% serious" my mouth twitched at the corners, my tears continuing to roll down my cheeks. "But I do think, and please don't bite my head off..." my eyebrows furrowed, my eyes slightly narrowing in on him. "I think maybe you should get that paternity test" I rolled my eyes and dropped my hands from his shoulders. "I want you to hear me out, Dems, okay?" I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest, waiting for him to continue and explain himself. "This baby deserves to know their daddy, right?" I chewed down on my lower lip and just stared at him. "Getting this paternity test will just prove him wrong and you right, but then they'll get to know their daddy. They won't grow up wondering why Max is so invested in Ayla but he doesn't care about them. I don't think that's fair on them, Dems."

"Am I a bitch?" he lightly chuckled.

"You're not a bitch, Dems" he stroked a strand of hair behind my ear and leant to press a kiss to my cheek.

"Are you still free to come to my appointment?"

"I am, but make sure you let Max know, okay?"

"He'll decline but okay" I rolled my eyes causing Kobe to chuckle. "You're too sweet to him."

"I got to keep him on my good side, DemDem" I rolled my eyes at the nickname, giggling as he lightly tickled at my side before he pulled away and leant back against the couch. I cuddled into his side as he flicked through the tv channels.

——