Thirty One

Demi

I stepped into the gym, glancing around until my eyes landed on Kobe. A smile formed on my face and my stomach filled up with butterflies. I watched him silently for a moment, the muscles in his arms making my stomach clench and I swear it turned me on a little.

"Who's that, Peanut?" I pulled from my thoughts and pointed over at him, Ayla looking up.

"Bebe" she squealed which caught the attention of everyone around us, including Kobe.

"You're so loud, Gorgeous" a smile spread across Kobe's face as he climbed from the ring and headed towards us.

"It's my favourite girls" I glanced down briefly as my cheeks blushed. 

"Careful, Ayla" she threw herself at him, just giggling as Kobe dramatically pretended to drop her. He cradled her on his hip and the sight of him holding her made my heart swoon, she looks so tiny in his arms. I can't wait to see him holding a new... I shook my head and pulled myself from my thoughts as it started to make me feel all warm.

"You okay, Dems?" I nodded, glancing up at him with the most convincing smile I could muster. "Are you sure?" I nodded again, glancing briefly around us to see if anyone was listening in. "Follow me" he turned on his heel and I followed behind him, into an empty office.

"Can we be in here?" I stepped into the office, turning to him as he closed the door.

"It's only Jay's, he won't mind" I nodded, glancing down as I began to play with my fingers, trying to stop my anger from seeping through. "What's up, Dem?"

"Just Max" I shrugged.

"What's he done now?"

"He's refused to come to the appointment tomorrow because he still doesn't believe that the baby's his. He's still refusing to have anything to do with them until I allow him to have a paternity test. I hate him, Kobe, and if we didn't have Ayla, I'd want nothing more to do with him" Kobe stepped up to me and wrapped his arm around my neck, his fingers running through my hair as he held me against his chest. He pressed a kiss to the top of my head and I nuzzled my face into his chest as the tears began to pour down my cheeks. "I just-I just want my kids to have their daddy" I turned to Ayla who was looking at me with furrowed brows. "I'm okay, Baby Girl" she leant into me and I took her, pulling away from Kobe. She cuddled herself into me, her arms around my neck as she nuzzled her face into me.

"When did Ayla last see him?"

"Over a week ago. I hadn't heard from him until I messaged him yesterday" I weakly smiled down at Ayla who began to babble a load of nonsense.

"What did he say about the appointment?"

"He just said that he wasn't interested in coming and that he didn't want to know the baby until I proved that he or she was his. So, now I need to go to the appointment alone" I quickly wiped at my cheeks, my smile widening slightly as Ayla pressed her hand to my cheek. I turned my head and pressed a kiss to the palm of her hand causing her to lightly giggle.

"Your family not able to go with you?"

"They still don't know about the baby because I don't know how to tell them and I know it's stupid, but..."

"It isn't stupid, Dems. What about any friends?"

"The only friend who knows is in New York."

"I-I don't have any plans tomorrow."

"You'd really want to come to an appointment for a baby that isn't yours?"

"Friends, Dem" I stared directly into his eyes for a moment to see whether or not he was serious and he seemed to be pretty serious.

"You-You don't need to. I'll be..."

"Dem..." I pressed my lips together. "What time is it?"

"It's at 11. Max, my-my bodyguard is dropping me off, he just thinks it's for a regular appointment though, only you and Sirah know that I'm pregnant."

"I'll meet you inside then. And if Max changes his mind then let me know, okay? I-I don't want to step on his toes" he's too sweet.

"I doubt he will but okay" he stepped towards me and pressed a kiss to my forehead. "Thank you, Kobe" he shook his head and sent me a smile.

"You don't need to thank me, DemDem. It's what friends do."

"Stop calling me DemDem" he lightly chuckled as I groaned with a roll of my eyes. He cupped my chin in his hand and pressed a quick peck to my lips causing my mouth to tug into a smile.

"Mama, Bebe" Ayla began to bounce on my hip.

"Yeah, that's Bebe, Peanut" I stroked my fingers through Ayla's hair to help tame it. "Your hair is so crazy wild, Baby" she giggled, beginning to chew on her fingers. "Are your teeth irritating you, Gorgeous?" I pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead. "Are we going to say bye to Bebe then, Baby? I think he wants to get back to his workout" I glanced to Kobe who was leant back against the desk, his arms crossed over his chest and a wide smile spread across his face as he stared at us. "Kobe?" he jumped from his stare and I giggled at how he seemed to suddenly go shy.

"I-Yes, Demi?" I chewed down on my lower lip and smirked.

"We're going to get going, let you get back to your workout."

"I'm finished. You fancy grabbing some lunch?"

"Erm..." I glanced to Ayla who cuddled into my side, her head resting on my shoulder. "I-I don't..." I released a breath and glanced back at Kobe. "Max, he..." Kobe nodded. "You know what, forget him. She's my daughter and it's my life. He obviously isn't interested and anyway, we're friends, right?"

"Friends" he nodded, and I lightly smirked as he smiled down at me. "Let me just get changed, I'll meet you out front" I nodded, my cheeks blushing and my smile just widening as he pressed another quick peck to my lips before he turned to leave the office.

"Oh, mommy's in trouble, Peanut" she babbled back as I ran my hand along the back of her head and pressed a kiss to the top of it.

Liked by matthew_scott_montgomery, diannadelagarzaand 7,485,573 othersddlovato She's been in here for an hour 😂❤️View all 71,527 commentssirahsays The cutie 🥰 Oh my gosh 🥺💗kobejohn 🧸❤️

and 7,485,573 others
ddlovato She's been in here for an hour 😂❤️
View all 71,527 comments
sirahsays The cutie 🥰 Oh my gosh 🥺💗
kobejohn 🧸❤️

——