CHAPTER 31

Section 27

"A Chapter from the Past"

-

After the catastrophic event that happened earlier. Mel was still unconscious when I carried her back to lola deity's house. I hope she's doing well. Aside from that, I'm now currently all alone cleaning the mess that happened from all of the explosion.

I saw Lia and the others grabbing garbage bins and hammers. "We'll help and we won't take no for an answer," said Lia. 

I couldn't argue with her. She already made her fine decision that they'll help me. 

I saw Lila, Alexis, Aster, and a few other kids helping me even though I didn't ask them to. 

"Thank you." I smiled.

"No pressure. If it weren't for your bravery, we'll all still be under that wench's control." Lilac smiled back at me.

"Don't think about what happened too much. This is just how Moon disciplines us. She makes everyone realize where and how we mess up so we won't do it again." said Lia.

"It's what she calls, learning from one's experience," Aisha concluded.

"By the way, how did you know where the missing page was?" 

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"We don't even have the slightest idea where that missing page was." pause. "So how did you found out about that missing piece?" Asked Aisha.

"I don't know myself too." 

"Actually, something happened to me while I was in the basement."

"Something strange happened," I said.

"Strange?" Lia adjured.

"Yes." I agreed. 

"There was some-"

"Astrid?" Moon called my name.

"Y-yes, M-miss Moon?" I was baffled and ate some of the words.

"Follow me inside," she requested.

I glanced at everyone. They were all signaling to me that I should hurry up and follow Moon.

"Kami na munang bahala dito." wika ni Lilac, sabay ngiti.

"Thank you."

I followed Moon until we got inside of the mansion. She went inside her private office that looks destroyed earlier. She unlocked the door and I was amazed.

Everything was fixed and back to normal. 

Kaya naman pala ni Moon na ayusin ang parteng ito, edi ibig sabihin kaya niya ipinapaayos sa akin ang kalahati ng sira sa bahay ay talagang para matuto lamang ako ng leksyon ko. 

I don't know when will I ever finish it alone though. Thanks to the others who are helping me without anything in return I'll be able to do so.

"Sit."

She gestured at the maroon chair next to her office desk.

I sat quietly and obediently.

"Is there anything you'd like to tell me?" sips her tea. 

"Po?"

"Sa totoo lang po, gusto ko po talagang mag-sorry. Dahil sa kapabayaan ko po ay nangyari ang gulong ito. Dahil din po sa akin ay nasaktan ang ilang mga naninirahan sa bahay na ito."