CHAPTER 36

Section 30

"The Start of a Calamity"

-

Moon unlocked the main door. 

There was a bunch of people who remained in front of the door. It was very crowded.

That was one of the reasons I wasn't able to catch Moon before she left the hall. 

"Excuse me. Let me pass through please." I begged everyone.

"I'm sorry." I apologized to those whom I bumped into.

"Moon!"

I did not stop even when she got out. "Moon, wait!" I exclaimed.

Moon stopped walking, she faced me. "What's the problem, Astrid?" she asked.

"Do you have something you want to tell me?"

"Yes," I replied.

"What is it about?"

"I-I just wanted to ask you, where are you heading?"

"I-Is t-h-that it?" she uttered.

"Yes." I nodded. "Well, I apologize but I cannot tell you where I'm off to. It's something I don't tell ordinary people. Even Aisha doesn't know where I'm headed."

"Is that so?"

"Why?" she paused. "Is there something wrong? Is there something bothering you, dear?" Ms. Moon asked me.

"No-th-nothing," I uttered. My tongue kept twisting no matter how hard I try to not to and speak to Moon clearly. It's because I was worried about what might happen to her.

After all, I saw her in my vision and after taking a bite of the Malum Malus, it told me not to let go of Moon or else something bad will happen.

"Are you sure that's all you want to say to me,  Astrid?" Moon waited for a few seconds like she was waiting for something coming from me.

"Nothing."

I held Ms. Moon's arm after feeling worried for her sake. 

"Is there a problem?" she asked.

"Ms. Moon, take care of yourself while you're away."

"Please," I muttered.

Moon smiled and giggled. "Sure, I promise to take care of myself, Astrid."

"There is nothing to be worried about. The last thing you should be worried about is yourselves. Then again, I left Aisha in charge of your activities and safety as long as I'm gone." Moon made my worries all gone after reassuring me that she'll take care of herself.

I do hope that nothing bad happens to her while she's away.

I hate that dream! I keep on thinking about it whenever my mind spaces out. 

I went back inside the mansion. 

Sumalubong sa akin sa pintuan si Lia at si Aster na parang pinilit lamang ni Lia na samahan siyang mag-hintay sa aking bumalik sa loob ng bahay.

"Anong ginagawa ninyo dito?"

"Hinihintay ka. Bakit pala lumabas ka na parang hinahabol si Ms. Moon?" tanong ni Lia.

"Ah, iyon ba?" wika ko. "Wala iyon, may tinanong lang ako kay Ms. Moon."

"Why, is there something bothering you lately?" Lia asked.