CHAPTER 35

Section 29.3

"And There was no one Left"

-

The sky is red, there is no one else besides me.

The mansion is torn apart. There are no chances that it'll be fixed at this rate. 

Sandamakmak na mga kahoy, metal at mga basag na salamin ang naka-kalat sa paligid ng bahay. Hindi ko alam kung bakit ganito ang itsura ng mansiyon.

I tried looking for the others but there is no sign of any of them.

Like in my vision. Moon is on the river on a flesh casket with an awful smell. 

"Is anyone there?" 

"ta mátia"

"katá ti diárkeia tis ékleipsis"

"What is going on here, is anyone there?"

I unlocked the main door leading to the main hall of the mansion, it was empty. 

I heard heavy footsteps near the hall. I was about to look for who it is myself but then out of the dark, someone grabbed my mouth and my shoulders.

"Hmph!" I tried resisting.

I couldn't match their strength, "Astrid. You need to be quiet." I recognized Calix's voice.

"Hmm?" I asked.

We hid on a stone next to the main door. "See I told you, no one was here." someone in a robe said. 

"I totally heard some noise coming from this very hall." the other one on his left replied.

I took Calix's hand off of my mouth as I promised him I won't make any noise. 

"What's going on here and why is the mansion like this? Did something happen?" I asked him. He couldn't bring himself to speak at first. "Calix." 

"It's been like this ever since the day Moon got abducted," Calix replied.

"She's on the river right now, we can still get her and stop this."

"No, wait stop." he grabbed my hand and forced me to continue to hide.

"You shouldn't be too reckless. We need to be careful." Calix told me.

"About what?" I asked.

"About them."

"They are the ones who did this to the mansion. The mansion we tried to protect." Calix added.

"xirasía selínis"

The surrounding changed and I saw people on the ground slaughtered.

There was blood everywhere. I felt nauseous looking at the trees painted with blood. It also smells like it's fresh blood. 

At that time, it was dark. The only light source was the moon, there were a lot of noises from the bushes and behind the trees.

"Don't fool me and come out!" I yelled.

There were vicious eyes seen and visible from the trees and bushes.

"Pansélinos"

Darkness. Being alone, the atmosphere changed quickly as I felt I have been transported into another dimension once again.

"Astrid?" 

someone called.

"Who's there?"

"Welcome, you and I will reign over our new kingdom."