CHAPTER 34

Section 29.2

"Malum Malus"

-

Something feels definitely off when Chrysanthemum just appeared out of nowhere.

But then again, I think I'm just overthinking stuff. Which I shouldn't.

Chrysanthemum halt. I stopped walking as well and looked her in the eyes. "is there something wrong?"

She shakes her head. 

"Why did you stop?"

She did not say anything, instead, she looked above and admired the moon shining from above. "Oh!" pause. "You're looking at the moon?"

she started walking out of nowhere.

"bakit mo pala naisipan na samahan ako papunta sa malum malus malapit sa lungsod? hindi ba ipinagbabawal sa inyo ni Moon ang lumabas?" tanon ko.

"There's nothing wrong with abiding laws- look at you, looking for the tree without Moon's permission," she said. 

"Well then, you're right there. Let's keep this a secret then." I tried on sealing the deal with Chrysanthemum. 

"Alright." she agreed.

I smiled. We continued walking until we got near the village. It was still very dark and gloomy at that time of night. I turned off my flashlight earlier when I saw and realized that it was just Chrysanthemum

"It's been so long, aren't you tired?" I asked.

"Hmmm?"

"Not at all," Chrysanthemum replied at me. Looking earnestly into my eyes.

For some reason even earlier when our eyes met I kept on feeling uneasy.

It's like something is wrong with her but then again who am I to judge someone. Today is the very day Chrysanthemum and I got to talk to each other like this.

I am glad that she even helped me even though there's a risk that we might get caught of Moon if I fail to go home on time.

She stopped once again.

"W-wait what's the matter?" I asked Chrysanthemum.

I looked up and saw a bunch of trees with apples as for their fruits.

"We're here," I murmured.

I walked closer to get a closer look at the oldest tree among all of them. Since that's what Chrysanthemum told me. The oldest tree will give me the best and most exact answer that I need.

Chrysanthemum was still standing in front of me without moving for some minutes now.

"Chrysanthemum is there something wrong?"

She did not answer me but instead turned her body facing me. "Wh-what's the matter?" I asked. I saw her eyes shining differently. It used to be a bright green-ish pigment but it's far from that now.

"Is there something wrong?"

"Why did you stop?"

"Finally," she said.

"What?"

"Luna nudant." she chanted.

Her entire figure and her stand changed in a blink of an eye.

Her body was covered in scales. After a few seconds, her skin rots rapidly and her true form appeared. "Chrysanthemum, what is going on?" I asked her.