Fifty Four

~

~

"Hi mommy, " Jennie smiles as she sat across to her mother.

The woman greets her back, her hair neatly made while the apron loosely hung around her body while her hands interlocked onto the pile of papers. They were currently in the family restaurant. Her father somewhere in the building.

"Hi pumpkin, how have you been? And how's Y/n? She's been texting me but I haven't heard from her in a week, " She replies.

"Oh I'm good, Y/n is in Busan with her boyfriend. She should be coming home tomorrow - I haven't been speaking to her much either."

She missed you, both of them did. Your arrival was much anticipated but your mom had serious things she had to discuss with both you as well as Jennie - this decision was fairly last minute, it took her a few months to finally have everything prepared.

No words would be able to express how useless your mother figure felt. She thought your move to Seoul would be a great chapter in your life, but she also continues to live with this fear within her. One call or text from you a day was her relief point. It was very tiresome and scary that at any given moment you could get murdered.

Her child, her second born. A piece of her.

She loved you like her own - which is why your safety has been her number one priority ever since your incident at school.

Jennie watches as her mom tilts the papers and pushes the pile towards herself, she glances at her mom in confusion before looking down at the paper.

Cambridge University Applications for Kim Jennie and Kim Y/n.

"Mom, " Jennie whispers, flipping through the pages - which were all filled out and verified. Her eyes widen as she see's the word accepted.

She digs to the bottom of the pile, approved visa applicants as well as plane tickets - which were all in at least due within the next two weeks...

"I have been thinking about you and Y/n and I think it's a good move. London will give you a variety of options - and there's hundreds of internships you both can apply too. Not only that but it has the lowest Zombie brutality in the world." She smiles , "Her safety will be secured, and your academics will be a priority."

"That sounds...amazing." Jennie admits.

That was everything she has ever wanted to hear. This year has been exhausting - draining. It was tempting - really it was but the more Jennie thinks about it. The harder it hits her. She wants to tell her mother yes, that this was a decision she could take without your consent because this will benefit you. You will finally move across the world where you've always wanted to go.

Plus you'll be safe.

However, your circle had widened. Jennie now had Jungkook.

You now had Jimin.

Together, you both have Namjoon, Taehyung, Seokjin, Hoseok and Yoongi - people you would've never guessed would make such an impact on your life.

"It all depends on Y/n, if the situation has gotten better for her and she wants to stay then I'll allow her but, " She looks at Jennie as a serious expression falls on her face, "If one more thing happens to her..."

"I will forbid her from staying."

~

Your arm hooks onto Jimin's arm. Both of you draped in the color black, the mood right now was silenced and heavy. The sky also eliminating dark clouds, proof that it had indeed rained just a few hours ago. You could smell the soil, it somewhat calmed both you and Jimin down.

Jimin on the other hand felt nervous, walking with you as he tried to slow down his breath. At this moment, he didn't know how to really feel. But he wasn't scared. Jimin could feel something within him shift completely. He didn't want to feel crazy but he swore he could feel him.

Jimin felt as if his father was here. Right now with him.

Relief washes over him - he has felt like a ball of emotions all morning. All you could really do was comfort him. You always went to the graveside by your hometown to go visit your parents, so you could relate to what he was feeling right now.

You look up to his quiet self, leaning into his arm as you both continued to walk at a steady pace. Straight ahead, in front of the small groups that his family has broken up into. You watch his mother gently drop down to her knees, only the back of her head being visible and that's when you realize you have finally reached the tombstone.

Eventually, you surround the large rock. It looked insanely expensive, but the name was written extensively on it, engraved with beautiful lettering. At the corner of your eyes, you also note the picture and you can't help but smile.

Jimin looks a lot like his dad. It was insane.

In Loving Memory
Of
Park Seojoon

One of Busan's best gems. A hard worker, a vital man within our society. A supportive husband and an amazing father of one.

15 October 1974 - 30 November 2018

"What are you smiling about?" His mother snapped.

Your smile almost drops but Jimin rolls his eyes.

"Not the time or place." He announces, eyes taking in the rock

Silence consumes the family for a second and the words slip between your lips, " You look so much him."

And now it was his turn to grin. An emotion was bubbling in his stomach, a weird sensation rushing through him as he looks at the grave. There was something about the way of actually seeing it that made him feel happy.

Jimin has been through a lot. A rollercoaster of emotions and unnecessary anger - and yet the whole time he felt that, it just now hits him that his father was fine.

That the man will longer suffer - no more stress about finding the cure, and that he was resting well. Being here was almost a reminder that he can go on like this. If Jimin was just going waste time the same he had - he will never reach his own sense of serenity and peace.

He's dad won't be proud about all the things he has done.

But Jimin knows that if his father were to see him right now...

At least he knows that he's trying.