Chapter 1:

"Dad! Get me some of those please!" A girl hastily gripped on her dad's pants, desperate to get what she saw.

"Haneul-ah, your teeth will hurt." The man shook his head no.

"Dad, please." The little girl pleaded, she grasped her hands together and pouted.

The man sighed and sadly looked at her daughter. 'She'll be taken soon anyways' he thought.

"Fine, one cotton candy please." The man turned to the vendor.

"Ooh~ that's what it's called. Cotton candy, so fluffy." The little girl giggled.

Her dad handed her the treat and payed.

"Come on, cupcake. Let's get you home." He offered his hands.

The little girl accepted the offer and walked with her dad while happily eating.

'Yes sir. We're currently in search right now. All kids, roger that. Yes sir, we'll be fast.' A static voice stopped the two from walking.

"Haneul, hide right now." The man crouched down to her daughter.

"Are we playing hide and seek?" The girl smiled innocently.

Her dad saw how her eyes glowed and panicked.

"Hide!" He pushed her to an alley.

The little girl didn't question her dad, even though she didn't understand. She peeked through the trash can she's hiding from. She saw her dad talking with another man. She squeezed her nose shut once the foul smell of the bin hit her nose.

"Sheesh, take a bath soon trash can." She scolded the object before looking back to her dad. She furrowed her brows when she saw another man, and he's getting close to her.

"Little kids are always found in the dumpster, their parents are scared of them. What a waste." She heard the man mumble. 'Parents are scared of their kids?' she frowned. 'Did dad throw me away? Is he scared of me?' She teared up at the thought. She continued to peek at her dad. She observed how he's constantly looking at her direction with a worried face while chatting with the man.

'Dad won't do that if he doesn't care about me, right?' She tried convincing herself. What she didn't realize is that the man saw her.

"There you are. An abandoned child." He chuckled before grabbing her small body and pushing her to a white van labeled "KQ".

The little girl had no choice but to scream. She fought back and tried to wiggle out of the man's grasp but didn't succeed. She looked outside the window and saw the man her dad was talking to is already walking to the van.

Her dad was left devastated by the fact that his daughter was caught. She saw him mouth some words which she tried to understand.

'I love you' she guessed were the words. She couldn't say those back because of the cloth in her mouth. Her tears dropped as she looked down. 'Dad, what's going on? Please help me. Why didn't you do anything?' She fought with her mind.

"Stop crying." A man put a cloth on her nose making her dizzy by the scent. She slowly got out of consciousness.

........................................................................

Was that a good start? Hello! It's Siren, again. Welcome to the first chapter of Code 9! I hope this book will become successful. Things will get a little bit clearer later so don't worry ;) Please look forward to the next chapter hehe