Chapter 4:

Haneul's POV:

I felt my body shake continuously. "Haneul, wake up." Ms. Kim looked around frantically. I furrowed my brows and looked at the wall clock. "It's freaking 6 a.m, the heck?" I sat up from my bed. "What's wrong?" I rubbed my eyes and forced myself to wake up.

"Mr. Seo will do a check up on you, again." she ushered quietly. Mr. Seo has only done one consultation from me and that was when I "figured out" that I'm blue. "What? Why?" I asked. Ms. Kim sat on my bed and sighed. "I already said that they're suspicious of you. They're going to see if your really a blue."

They're? There's more than one person? "I thought it was only Madam." Ms. Kim shook her head and explained, "Most of the staffs are suspicious of you. You're one of the top trainees, they think it's unusual."

I looked at the clock again and turned to the older. "Something else?" she shifted her gaze to her lap. "You need to manipulate them again." I widened my eyes and stood up. "No, no I won't."

"You have too, unless you want to die." Ms. Kim threatened. "I want to die, but I need to at least make a change here first." I rolled my eyes. "Do you know how to?" she raised her brows. "Manipulate people? No. It's been a decade."

"Look at me." She held my chin in place as her eyes glowed black. I thought that only kids back then had powers, why does she have one?
She let go of my chin and her eyes went back to normal. "What-"

"Get ready. They asked me to call for you. Remember what I did, you can do it right? I trust you. Get dressed, I'll leave you now." she closed the door without letting me finish my sentence.

⋆⋆⋆

"Haneul." Mr. Seo patted the seat beside him. "Sorry for the sudden check up." he assembled the tools he'll use. "It's fine." I said, fumbling around with my fingers.

He took a syringe and inserted it into my arm. He collected a decent amout of blood before taking it out and putting a ball of cotton to stop bleeding.

I stayed quiet and observed his movements. He grabbed a head piece and made me put it on. The equipment was connected to a monitor in which you can observe brain activity. I sensed a person watching so I turned to my back, being subtle. I didn't directly look at the camera but I saw it on my peripheral vision. It looked like I dropped something.

"So? Any results?" I asked. "No, not yet." he continued to examine. He looked confused and lost. It was the same expression ten years ago. I sighed and closed my eyes.

Don't worry, Ms. Kim showed you how to do it. I expectantly looked up to Mr. Seo. "Why is it taking so long?" he grumbled and took the head piece off.
"We have to run a few more tests." he walked to the other side of the clinic.

"You said this was just a check up, not an experiment." I glared at his back. "Well fuck the check up because we're suspicious of you, Kim." he gave a threatening look. I ran my hand through my hair. "What is there to be suspicious about?"

"I don't know, maybe because you do the sessions easily." he stepped closer to me. "The top students also do that." I reasoned. "That's the point." he clicked his tongue.

I slowly started to feel frustrated. I haven't eat breakfast yet and this old man is getting to my nerves. "Mr. Seo." I called out to the man. He looked at me questionably. As soon as we made eye contact, "I'm a confirmed blue. Nothing will change." I saw how my eyes glowed black.

"Yes, you're a blue. You can go to your room now. The tests are done." he smiled. I hurriedly got out of the room and went to go get breakfast.

"So, how'd it go?" Ms. Kim gave a plate. "You didn't tell me there was a freaking camera. Thank god I was facing back." I took a bite.

"That's why I didn't tell you. You're smart enough to figure that out." She chuckled.