Chapter 28:

Haneul's POV:

I woke up in a different room. My hands and feet are still tied up in a chair. I sighed as I felt my thigh sting.

"Haneul? Are you awake?" A voice called out. I whipped my head in the direction of the sound. I tried to identify the voice.

"Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" I bit my lips in concentration. "Yunho?" My voice was barely heard. I searched for him. I jumped on my chair making it face the other way. I saw him full of bruises and wounds. I gasped at the sight. "Yunho, what happened to you?" I worriedly scanned his figure.

"I'm fine, just a few wounds." He chuckled, not very good at hiding his pain. "Rise and shine!" Madam's voice was heard again. "Oh, you're already awake." She laughed. "Do you see what I did to your friend, Haneul?" I gritted my teeth and glared at the president. "Uh, uh, uh. Better not be angry at me. You'll be begging for mercy later." she grabbed a knife from her pocket.

I gulped at the sight. Yunho wiggled from his seat. "Don't try to break free, pretty boy. Or else I'll hurt your friend even more." she threatened, putting up the knife on my neck.

"Now, where should we start?" she traced the knife to my shoulders to my chest. "Don't even try to touch her." Yunho scowled. In that moment, I wondered where the other's were. Were they safe? Were they hurt? I suddenly felt a sharp pain on my right leg. I gasped, trying to withstand the pain.

The head of the facility then chuckled darkly. "There. Now they're even." she looked satisfied. I looked at the stinging area and saw thick red liquid oozing out of the big cut.

"Yunho, darling. Look over here." she called out before slashing my arms with her knife. I whimpered and dropped my head. The pain was unbearable. I saw Yunho move from his chair. "Oh, what did I tell you, purple?" Madam raised my head up and giggled.

"How about we ruin your pretty face?" she rested the knife on my nose. Yunho grunted, "Stop it!". "You're getting on my nerves, purple. What did I tell you!?" she gripped the knife and slid it near my collar bones. It wasn't that deep but it hurts like a bitch. I felt tears flow down my face.

"Can't take more?" she harshly grabbed my chin. "That's all you got?" I raised my brow. "What a bitch." she whispered before cutting my bare stomach. I screamed, not able to bear the pain anymore. More tears flowed out. "Try escaping once more, huh!?" I felt another cut on my shoulders. I struggled to catch my breath.

My throat hurts from screaming, all parts of my body aches, and my face is stained with tears. "That's it for today. I might accidentally kill you." she hummed a tune before walking out. I dropped my head due to exhaustion.

"Haneul!" Yunho tried to call me but I was unable to keep my eyes open. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." he cried out.

⋆⋆⋆

Hongjoong's POV:

The lights went on again but I noticed that some are missing. "Where's Haneul and Yunho?" I growled at the president. "You'll see, sweetheart. Or more like, you'll hear." she giggled, walking out of the room.

"I swear I won't hesitate to kill them if they hurt Haneul." Seonghwa mumbled. Yoona looked extremely worried. Chaelin is barely awake. Wooyoung is trying to break free. Jongho looked senseless. San was furious. Mingi had his head down. Yeosang is formulating a plan.

Not a minute after observing everyone, we all heard a scream from the other room. "That sounds like Haneul." San commented. The scream continued and it even became more miserable. "What are they doing to her?" Yoona had tears in her eyes. I tried to look for a way to escape but my thoughts were cut off when the door opened.

"Yeonmi?"