Chapter 42:

Chaelin continued to listen to the conversation. She made sure to take a mental note, and remember the words being said.

She spun her sharp blade, getting bored of the situation. Well, that didn't last long since she heard a grunt coming in the same direction.

She paused, recognizing the voice. She covered her mouth, preventing her heavy breathing to be heard.

"The bomb's timer will end in 9 minutes."

That's what made her panic. She cursed under her breath, attempting to pull herself together and report the situation to her friends.

She stomped her foot in the halls, creating loud footsteps. She ran. Her friend, their friend is in danger. Her lungs almost gave up as she sprinted to the other side of the facility.

I have to get to them.

She now felt her sweat drip down her forehead. Chaelin didn't notice that the buildings were this far apart. She groaned as her legs throbbed.

Her steps slowed down, but she still continued to run. Having sharp ears, she heard Hongjoong's voice from afar.

"Shit, I'm tired. The physical training was useless all these years." She panted.

9 minutes
9 minutes
9 minutes
9 minutes
9 minutes

That's what echoed in her mind. She almost broke down at the thought of Yunho being tied down, again. She felt irresponsible, useless, she felt so guilty. She wasn't paying enough attention to her surroundings and she was busy bickering with that coconut boy. She hissed.

"Fuck that. Ain't nobody dying today." She heard Hongjoong's voice louder. She sighed.

"Tired, Miss Chaelin?"

She widened her eyes. Chaelin's steps slowed down, but she still tried to run. She heard loud steps coming from behind her. "What do you want!?" she gasped for air. A hand held her shoulder making her slowly turn around. She was greeted by a familiar figure, showing a very big, psychotic smile.

"What are you-"

The person stabbed a sharp needle on her neck, making the girl slip out of consciousness.

"Tsk! Tsk! You were tired anyways."

Her body was lifted effortlessly, as if she was a feather. She was swung over the figure's shoulder.

With a loud sigh, the person shook their head. "I am not getting paid enough for this."

⋆⋆⋆

Hongjoong was busy instructing the boys on what to do. He never heard the loud panting nor the steps Chaelin made.

"Make sure that you patrol every inch of the hallways. Seonghwa, start on building A. Mingi, start on E." They all nodded at his words.

Each of them practically ran to their designated hallways.

"Deja vu." Hongjoong whispered underneath his breath. He was tired. He haven't gotten a break since they were caught.

They freed Haneul and Yunho. They sent a message to every trainee without the help of technology. They killed the staffs, but some got away. They are now dealing with this.

"I'm not actually surprised." He looked around, desperately trying to find a sight of his friend.

He visited every corner, every wall. His legs collasped from restlessness. He rested his head on his knees.

"I've never wanted to die more in my life." he released a shaky breath. He observed his surroundings. The tall ceiling, the painted walls, the floor-

"The floor." He got up immediately once he saw a familiar object on the ground. He went closer, not so sure if it was safe. When he finally recognized the thing, he went running to the battle ground.

His mind went haywire and the doubt, fear, tiredness he felt was long gone. He almost choked on his sobs.

He slammed the door open.

"Chaelin is gone!"

"What!?" Haneul was the first to react.

Hongjoong brought a knife upfront. "Joong, what in the world?" San furrowed his eyebrows.

While he tried to catch his breath, "IT'S CHAELIN'S WEAPON!"

"Fuck! No. This can't be happening." Haneul exclaimed. She looked into the boy's eyes, hoping that he's joking. Hongjoong just shook his head no.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING THEN!? LET'S FUCKING FIND THEM!"

"No."

"What do you mean no, Hongjoong?" Haneul's hand was tightly held by Hongjoong's. "The trainees. They need someone to look after them."

"I'm not a fucking babysitter."

"You'll stay here-"

"They have powers too, you know!? I'm not just going to stand here and stress myself, not even moving a limb to help solve the problem! I'm not that useless. I can leave. San and Yoona can stay. I don't care what you say."

Haneul fought back with Hongjoong's grip. She gritted her teeth before exerting force to the boy.

Hongjoong flew to the other side of the ground. He felt a sharp pain on his tailbone. His butt falling first.

"You wouldn't get out of the way." Haneul merely looked at the boy before walking off.

........................................................................

Oh my. It's getting tense, huh? I'm kinda excited for the ending. hohohoho.

I hope you'll stay patient for the updates

I hope you'll stay patient for the updates. School has been a mess.