Chapter 43:

Chaelin woke up tied onto a pole. She didn't know where she was. Her eyes wandered around, trying to plan her escape.

"Oh no. It was nine minutes before," she realized what was happening. It was finally sinking in. Yunho is possibly dying, their enemy is succeeding, her friends..

Can they actually be free?

"Oh. You're awake." A man chuckled. Chaelin hissed. Glaring at the old grandpa. "Seo," she growled, her eyes wide open. Her hands were balled into a fist.

"No Mr.? Huh, I'm disappointed. A mere little girl like you should have respect." A loud slap echoed.

Chaelin's eyes are closed, the pain in her cheek was insane. She laughed. "I thought you were dead,"

"Oh no, darling. I've watched every single move you've made. You ducklings are smart, actually. I applaud you for that." Mr. Seo smiled. He walked away from the pole and glanced outside the window.

The petname almost made Chaelin gag in disgust. She scrunched her face. "What are you planning?" The rope on her hands are so tight, it was cutting off circulation.

"You actually believe that there's still people outside? You believe that it was still the way before you guys went here?"

"We were kidnapped."

"Same thing," he clicked his tongue. Eyes still focused on the window. "Kids are... interesting. Easily fooled, easily manipulated, easily killed."

Chaelin furrowed her eyebrows. Was there really no one outside? Was there really only them left? Her head spinned at the thoughts.

"Three minutes. Yunho's bomb will explode in three minutes." with that, he walked away.

Chaelin huffed and tried to free herself, but it made her wrists hurt more. She needs to get to Haneul.

"I thought it was Yeonmi who planned all of this." her head dropped down. She wondered if this is what Yunho feels like. Hopeless, pathetic, pitful.

"You thought of me so lowly, Chaelin." A voice came from behind her. She felt her hands being untied. Turning her head, she saw Yeonmi.

"Oh my goodness! Thank you! I'm safe, oh thank you!" she hugged the elder.

"Uh.. You're welcome. I'm still not over the fact that you doubted me." Yeonmi crossed her arms.

Chaelin awkwardly rubbed her nape. "Uhm, that was reasonable. You were literally disappearing every moment." she reasoned.

"I was doing my job! I was making sure that your guys' plan works out!" Yeonmi rolled her eyes.

"Fine. I'm sorry."

"Now, let's go get to Yunho. He needs saving."

⋆⋆⋆

Hongjoong stood up, patting his butt. "That girl. She's so stubborn." he sighed. He looked at Chaelin's dagger. Fire suddenly start burning in his heart. He needs to save the team.

"San, go follow Haneul. I'll guard the trainees."

San nodded at the boy's order. He ran to where he remembered Haneul went.

Seonghwa looked at the exhausted boy. "Do you want me to do anything?" he asked. Hongjoong didn't know when he arrived at the battle ground, so he was definitely shocked.

"You finished your halls?"

"Yeah?"

"Oh. Gather the others, please." with Hongjoong's words, he strutted fast.

Yoona quietly made her way to him. "Chaelin is..." the girl looked down. When she heard Hongjoong shout that her bestfriend was missing, she went into instant panic mode.

Hongjoong looked at her sadly. "We'll find her. We'll find Yunho. We'll be okay,"

He hoped so.