Chapter 26:

Haneul's POV:

We're quietly walking down on the vent we used to exit the facility. Deciding to follow Yunho's words, we all agreed to freeing the others. I looked down on my feet, sighing.

There were almost no source of light except for mists coming out from my palms. "Hey," Yoona came closer to me. "Hm?" I hummed. "—you know, I've said that I've been here almost all my life right?"

I looked at the elder. I suddenly felt guilty. She didn't experience freedom, she was always here in KQ, locked up. "Don't feel that way. I know that what we all want to do is to make wrongs into rights." She smiled. I nodded at her words.

"I'm sorry. I promise that we'll be free. Together with all the others–" I suddenly heard a loud click.

"Guys? Did you hear that?" Wooyoung spoke. I shushed him. Chaelin created a fireball in her hands and looked for the area that made the sound. "Huh." she breathed out. "Where can that-" Jongho put his hand over Chaelin's mouth.

"Trainees escaped. Madam said we should at least know where they exited." A guards voice boomed in the area. I gasped. "Where should we go?" Hongjoong whispered. We all looked at each other, dumbfounded.

"Look. A vent. I've never been here in the attic so I wouldn't have known." My eyes widened even more. "We're gonna get caught aren't we?" Yoona ran a hand through her dark locks.

Steps echoed in the tunnel. I stopped the mist from my palms and saw flashlights flickering towards our direction. All of us looked at each other, not knowing what to do.

Suddenly, a hand grabbed my waist and hid me on one of the corners. I looked at the person. "Seonghwa?" I whispered. "Stay quiet." I felt my cheeks redden as our distance was really small.

"What about the others?" I asked. He leaned in on my ear, "Don't worry about them. Now stay quiet." His grip on my waist tightened as the voices of the guards came closer.

Our position wasn't the most comfortable. My back was against the tunnel wall and he's supporting my waist with his right hand so that I won't get scratched by the rough surface. His left hand was covering my mouth. I tried to keep my breath as quiet as possible. I closed my eyes once I heard one of the guards beside me.

"They must've not come that far." They said. I almost whimpered at the tension. Hearing Yoona's voice, I shot my eyes open. "Run!" She shouted. I worriedly glanced at Seonghwa. He took his hands off my mouth. "Okay. I'm gonna knock the guards out. You, run." I blinked at him, making sure I heard that right. His hands patted my waist and went out of the corner.

I gasped and tried to reach for him but he already swung the guards to the walls making them hit their heads. "Run." he whispered. I stepped out of the corner but was stopped when I felt my feet graze against something sharp. I winced at the sensation.

I tried to run but all I felt was the sharp pain on my leg. "Shit." He cursed before proceeding to carry me bridal style and running to the vent entrance. "Where's the others?" I looked around but saw no signs of them. "They maybe went first." He replied. He lifted me up to the vent and climbed himself up.

"Well, well, well. Here's the last two." I froze at the spot once I heard a familiar voice.