Chapter 22:

Yeonmi's POV:

I sternly looked at the teens infront of me. "Escaping again?" I raised my brow. "Yes. We can't stand being in KQ for much longer." Haneul fought back.

"I would support you all, but what do you think is outside the facility?" I crossed my arms. They all went silent.
"You can do what you want. I'm not stopping you." I slightly smiled.

⋆⋆⋆

Haneul's POV:

"Yeonmi said there's a vent on the attic. We can escape through there." Yoona quietly murmured as the guards might hear us.

I nodded and led the group to the place. "Now where's the vent?" Hongjoong mumbled to himself as we all looked for it. I searched through the dusty furnitures, boxes, nothing.

"Have you guys found it yet?" Yunho voiced out. All said 'no' 'nope' 'not yet'.
I sat on the floor, exhausted by the searching along with the no sleep. I pushed my hands on the floor for support but instead, the tile cracked.

I looked up and saw Yeosang staring. "Sorry I didn't mean to-" "No, you found it." "Found what?" I sat up and patted my butt to get rid of the dust from the floor.

Yeosang punched the tile causing it to crack more. He then reached for the tiles beside it and lifted them up. A series of metal bars was seen on the floor.

"The vent."

Hongjoong examined the bars. "Can you remove it?" San looked closer. Hongjoong gripped the base and effortlessly lifted them.

"We can all fit, well, Yunho and Mingi will have a hard time but..." Chaelin lit up a fireball in her hand. It illuminated the attic along with some parts of the escape tunnel.
I created light on my palms, San did too. I jumped to the opened vent and was welcomed by an extremely dark tunnel. Seonghwa jumped next to support other trainees.

They all landed safely thanks to the blues. I was about to step forward but a hand gripped my waist. "No." I heard Chaelin's voice behind me. "Watch where you're going." she pointed at the hole that viewed the hallways.

"Thank you. I could've fell." I hopped a little to skip the hole. "Boys, kindly stick to Miss. Haneul, she can be clumsy." Yoona instructed. I rolled my eyes. San came to my side along with Hongjoong. "Clumsy child." San chuckled. I smiled to myself and shook my head.

We continued to roam the vent until we saw a little faint light coming from the other end. "Oh, is that it?" Wooyoung asked. But before we can answer, he sprinted to the light.

"Yah! Wooyoung!" I followed the boy.
We saw another set of bars that trapped us from the outside world. They were bigger than the first ones.

Seonghwa, Yoona, and Jongho lifted the bars off. We were greeted by the cold breeze of the night. I looked around and saw old abandoned buildings, ripped signs, and......

it was deserted.