Chapter 26: New Beginnings

Spencer woke up a few times throughout the night, and he didn't sleep well, but I didn't care. I kept him close and soothed him.

When he woke up again in the morning, staying awake, he was groggy, "Why are we on the floor?"

"You fell asleep crying last night," I said, "I didn't want to move you, we just stayed here."

"I- I told you about the Dilaudid, didn't I?" He asked, not looking at me.

"Yes, you did," I fought to keep my voice neutral, "And it's something that we're going to work on, together."

His hands were still balled up in my shirt. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Spencer. You have your issues. I don't blame you for that." I said, "And I'm glad you told me."

He didn't respond.

"Will you tell me where it is?" I didn't expect him to answer.

He shifted anxiously, "Hidden side pocket of my bag, along with needles. Please don't get rid of it."

"If I get rid of it will that help you or do you need the comfort of knowing you have access?"

"I want to know it's there," he whispered, "Can you hold onto it?"

"Sure, Spence," I said, "Anything you need."

He let go of my shirt, "Can you make coffee?"

"Are you okay here?" I asked.

"Yeah," he shifted away, "I want to change clothes."

I nodded, kissing him, then walked to the kitchen. I grabbed his bag, quickly finding the small bottles and needles, then stowing them in a pouch in my bag. Then I got up to make coffee, listening carefully to make sure Spencer was okay.

He walked into the coffee, wearing one of my shirts, an old one that I mostly used for sleeping or days when I didn't want to get dressed.

I turned, "Come here, Spencer."

He walked forward and I pushed myself up onto the counter, wrapping my arms and legs around him and kissing him. He responded happily and eagerly, pulling me close to him. When I broke off the kiss to tease his neck, he hummed and nuzzled into my shoulder, then began biting and sucking gently.

He groaned and pulled me closer, "It's been way too long."

He was right. We hadn't been together at all over the past week or so, with the case and everything else, and we'd developed a habit of having sex much more often than that.

"Are you sober?" I asked.

"Just a little crying headache," he said, "I'm completely sober, I promise."

I nodded. I had thought so, but I had to make sure.

His hands slipped between my legs as I kissed his neck, making me gasp and grind forward. His fingers moved quickly and skillfully, but I focused on sucking marks into his neck.

"Want to fuck you," he groaned, "I want to be in you."

"Do it. Fuck me, Spencer." I answered.

His hands moved away to pull down his boxers, stroking himself a few times as I shifted forward. He leaned forward to kiss me as he lined up and pushed into me, making me moan against his mouth. We were both desperate and his hips were jerky and fast, hands gripping my hips and nails digging into my skin.

"Spencer," I groaned against his mouth, "Fuck, you feel so good."

One of his hands moved away from my hips and began teasing my clit.