Chapter 51: Relaxation

"Are you sure you'll be okay at home with both kids?" Spencer asked as I packed his bag.

I smiled at him, "I'm sure, really, you need to go back to work. I'll be fine." I sighed as one of the babies started crying, "Your turn."

He sighed and walked to the kids' room as I finished backing the bag, slipping a few toys in beneath the outfits. I zipped it up and tossed it on the bed before walking to the nursery, where Spencer was bouncing Tobias on his hip, shushing him as he gave a pacifier to Maeve, who was, amazingly, not crying yet. I sighed and pulled up my shirt, taking Tobias from Spencer and letting him latch onto my breast.

"Sorry," he sighed, "I tried a bottle, but..."

I shrugged, "Don't worry about it."

I waited until Tobias fell asleep, put him back in the crib, and picked up Maeve, feeding her too. Spencer rubbed my shoulders as I did, kissing down my shoulder and holding my hips as I relaxed against him.

"This is exhausting," I sighed as I put Maeve down.

"Worth it though," he smiled as I closed the door.

"Says you," I groaned as I leaned against the wall, "I'm exhausted."

"Are you sure I should go to work tomorrow?" He asked.

I nodded. "The team needs you, and I can handle. Plus, Jenna's going to come by during the day to help."

"As long as you're sure."

"I'm sure," I kissed his cheek, "Now go to work."

He took his bag and left, leaving me alone with both kids and an utter lack of sleep. I closed the door and turned on the baby monitor as I got breakfast, did laundry, and tried to relax. When Maeve woke up screaming, I rushed to the nursery, but Tobias was already also awake and screaming.

"Hey, Maeve, it's okay, mama's here," I sighed, picking her up and setting her on my hip, shushing her as I grabbed a pacifier and gave it to her, but she spit it out and kept crying. "Okay, fine," I set her down on the changing table and rushed to change her as I tried to calm Tobias down at the same time.

***

"Okay, you get a break, Auntie's here," Jenna said as soon as she walked in the door, "Give me the babies."

I eagerly handed over Maeve, who was curled in my arms. "Tobias is sleeping, thank everything."

"Okay, cool, I get some personal time with my niece," she smiled, cooing at Maeve, "Hey, baby! Yeah, I'm here, aww, there's that little smile."

I smiled and collapsed back onto the couch.

"Okay, I'm getting you some food, you look famished," Jenna handed Maeve back to me and began pulling food from the fridge. "And I'll warm up bottles for the little ones."

"I might actually just fall asleep," I muttered, eyes drifting closed, "Food and then sleep. That sounds nice. I'm just turning into a baby."

"That's perfectly okay with me."

***

"Okay, don't freak out-" Hotch started.

"Wait. What's going on? What? What happened?"

"I said don't freak out." He sighed.

"That's the fastest way to make me freak out!" I snapped.

"Yeah, okay, that's my fault." He sighed. "So... the unsub kidnapped Spencer."

I held back a scream. "What the fuck?"

"He was with Emily at a bar, they were trying to bait the unsub, and the unsub... she kidnapped him."