Chapter 32- Celebration

The sun shining through the window made me wake up. I slowly sat up and looked around at my surroundings. I was still in Zuko's beach house, Sokka was nowhere to be found.

I still felt exhausted and even felt worthless. I took a deep breath in and out, and then walked out of the room.

I walked outside and saw everybody, well except for Aang and Zuko.

"What's going on?" I pulled my unkept hair out of my face.

"We're going to Zuko's coronation today, and celebrate Aang's success." Katara smiled.

I didn't say anything but smile. Sokka had his leg wrapped up and have some wooden crutches to help him walk.

"I'll help you get ready if you want." Sokka said to me.

"I'm okay, it's a new day and we're celebrating something important." I kissed his cheek. We walked back to our room at the beach house and I splashed some warm water on my face. My hair was still messy, so I just poured some water over it and style it the best way I can.

Sokka came inside the little bathroom with me.

"I look horrible." I groaned.

"You look absolutely beautiful. Don't worry about it love."

"Love?"

"Oh yeah, it's like a pet name and I don't really like the words sweetie or babe or baby and all that, so I like calling you love. If that's okay." He nervously smiled.

"No no, I love it. It's sweet." I kissed him, putting my hand on his cheek. We pulled apart and left the beach house and headed outside to where the others were at.

So far everybody knows what exactly happened to me and Sokka, well except for Katara, Aang and Zuko.

Toph, Suki, Katara, Sokka and I got on top of Appa and rode off to the Fire Nation Palace. Toph hanged onto me while flying in the air since she's uncomfortable.

"Thanks for saving me, I don't think I ever thanked you." She said.

"It's no problem, all I want to do is save people." I looked over at Sokka, he looked a little sad. Something on his face showed me disappointment.

"What's wrong?"

"Just thinking about the whole thing, about it."

"Oh yeah, right." I whispered, Toph held onto me tighter.

An hour later we arrived at the Fire Nation Palace. There was already a bunch of people here, all in 3 different groups. Fire Nation, Earth Kingdom, and Water Tribe.

Seeing all of these people reunited made me feel really happy, we don't have to hide anymore, people don't hate us, it's amazing.

"I can see you're happy." Sokka smirked.

"How can you tell? I barely showed any emotion."

"I've been working on reading body language, mostly studying yours. When you're happy your eyes go big just a tiny bit, and you lift your head a little more higher."

"Wow, I'm impressed." I held his hand. "How's your leg?"

"Still hurts." He laughed, but his jaw dropped. "Dad!" He shouted.

Hakoda walked up to Sokka and Katara and hugged them both. "I'm so proud of you two. Your mother would be proud." They pulled apart, Hakoda looked at me.

"I'm so glad you're dating my son." He chuckled.

"Wait how did you know?" I raised my eyebrows.