chapter 2

•• Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Same Day ••

•• Kentrell Gaulden ••
•• NBA Youngboy ••

"Yo none driving ass always fucking up shit." Three said and I smacked my lips.

"Last time I checked, I drive better than all you motherfuckers." I said as we all were seated in the Sprinter.

Montana had came to pick me, Ben, Adorn, and her mama up.

Since it was a lot of us, he just got the Sprinter.

Looking next to me, I seen Adorn looking down at her feet staying quiet.

She beautiful as fuck to not be able to hear.

I tapped her leg, and she slowly looked up at me giving off a confused look.

"My bad for yelling at you." I said, noticing that she was reading my lips.

A small smile came across her face and she nodded her head.

"Why don't you talk?" I asked her.

How is her being deaf stopping her from talking?

I'm a lil too slow for this shit.

"You know sign language?" She mouthed, and I shooked my head.

"It look like I know that shit?" I asked back.

Hell nawl, don't know not a thing about it.

"I still wanna know why she don't talk." Ben said, as he turned around in his seat.

"Certain deaf people don't talk, it's normal. Because, they can't hear their voice, so they don't bother talking." Her mom explained as she held onto Adorn hand. "In Adorn case, that's why she doesn't talk."

Damn snitch.

Coulda let her explain all that shit.

Yeah I'm mad, because she fucked up my car.

"She have any friends?" Three asked.

"No, she doesn't really go out-"

"Damn stop telling that girl business, we don't even know y'all." Ben cut her off. "If I was Adorn, I'd slap the fuck out of you."

"She can't even hear what her mama saying." I shrugged keeping my eyes on her.

Adorn looked right at me, mouthing. "I can read her lips."

"Ohhhh." I nodded my head.

"We here." Montana parked at a car dealership.

I'm about to get me a whole new car.

We got out, and I held my door open for Adorn as she slid off the seat and her feet his the ground.