Chapter 27

•• Baton Rouge, Louisiana ••
•• May 25, 2020 ••

•• Adorn Philips ••

"It's the fact you really can hear

"It's the fact you really can hear." Vee smiled and I chuckled nodding my head.

"Yeah, I had been waiting for this." I said, words coming out clearer.

Kentrell and the gang had been giving me speech lessons, and ion think they talk right.

Either it's their slang or they just can't talk correctly.

"So what you gone do first now that you can hear?" She asked me.

"Think me and her gone travel the world." Kentrell walked in the living room with a blunt in his hand and his phone in the other.

"GOING ON A ROAD TRIP, A ROAD TRIP" The gang yelled. "ROAD TRIPPPPPPPP"

"So we all gone travel the world together?" I asked and he nodded his head coming to me laying his head in my lap.

"Yup mamas, me, you, and the gang. I just want you to see what you've been missing out on." He explained.

"I wanna see too." I smiled.

"Aye you been in touch with your family since you got yo hearing?" Joe asked me.

"Yeah." I said. "I saw them actually, and their happy for me."

As Kentrell was about to say something, somebody knocked on the door.

Kentrell immediately got up quickly walking to the door.

Everybody looked at each other and I shrugged deciding to follow him.

Walking to the front door direction, I started hearing voices.

I seen this light skin girl with a funny chin with curly type of hair.