Chapter 12

•• Baton Rouge, Louisiana ••
•• February 27, 2020 ••

•• Terrance Philips ••

"Are you gone ever let her have her own life? She needs freedom

"Are you gone ever let her have her own life? She needs freedom." I said to, Katherine.

" I said to, Katherine

She sighed. "No, because she needs me. She doesn't need freedom."

"No she needs friends, she needs the outside, fun." I shrugged. "She eighteen fucking years old and you treating her like she eight."

"Why you so mad about it?" She asked. "Maybe I'm just protecting her."

"You coulda protected her when she was ten, you coulda stopped what happened to her. But you only thought about yourself." I shooked my head.

"Is you gone always bring that up?" She smacked her lips looking over at me.

"Yeah, because you wanna know what's even more fucked up? My sister lost her fucking daughter, she cries about Tasia every fucking day." I said before slamming my hand on the table. "AND HALF THE FUCKING FAMILY BLAME ME FOR IT"

"WELL MAYBE IF YOU DIDN'T FUCKING LEAVE ME, THAT SHIT WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED" She yelled right back.

"GET THAT DAMN BASE OUT YO VOICE WHEN YOU TALKING TO ME" I said.

Our marriage was always crazy, until I got tired of it.

Yeah it's true, shit I left her.

And I was planning on getting Adorn too, I wanted to make her a star.

Cause she wanted so badly to become a singer.

But life had a change of plans, and I get called saying my daughter has gone deaf.

Find out all this bullshit that happened to Adorn, and it builds so much anger in me.

That's when I decided to move into the house with Katherine and Adorn, to keep watch of Adorn.