Chapter 25

•• Chicago, Illinois ••
•• April 30, 2020 ••

•• Adorn Philips ••

Its been about three weeks after my surgery

Kentrell has been helping me do the basics, which is making sure I keep my ears clean, and the cut behind my ear.

The doctor informed him that after four to six weeks, the external parts of the Cochlear Implants will happen.

These include a microphone and speech processor.

At that time, the speech processor is programmed and activated, which causes the internal device to stimulate the cochlear nerve in response to sounds.

I actually can't wait for this, and it seems as if the weeks have been flying bye.

Vee is now out of the wheel chair and doing better.

I'm doing better too.

We still in Chicago since the whole process isn't finished.

Kentrell been keeping up with the date, I think he more anxious than me.

But I like that.

Ohhh yeah, and we umm kinda sorta back together which isn't surprising.

"You okay? Your head isn't hurting is it?" Kentrell signed to me and I shooked my head.

"Nope, I took some Tylenol." I signed back. "I'm fine."

My head had been hurting a lot lately, but I think that's one of the side affects.

"You sure? Cause if them bitches fucked something up, we can go and blow they shit back." He signed.

How he know how to sign cuss words? I really don't know.

"You acting like she gone die." I read kd lips.

I can't wait till I get my voice so I can hear his voice.

And then beat his ass.

"Stop saying that shit kd, before I have Adorn beat yo ass." I read Kentrell lips.

My phone vibrated and I looked down at it seeing that Hakeem had texted.

•• Hakeem ••
You good ? How yo surgery go ?