Chapter 7

•• Baton Rouge, Louisiana ••
•• Same Day ••

•• Adorn Philips •

I sat in my seat just looking around the room as a thick cloud of smoke circled around.

Kentrell was upstairs doing something and he left me with his friends.

Bad choice I think, because they've been talking and ion know if they talking to me or not.

And they keep smoking and shit, which slicks make me think I'm getting a lil high from contact.

My mama been blowing up my phone but I'm not about to answer her.

She's always been a little too overprotective.

But she's kinda the reason I'm so insecure.

I watched as they smoked, tilting my head.

At times I could feel one of them staring at me, the lightskin one with medium sized hair.

Kentrell then came downstairs and he smiled at me, coming to my side and grabbing my hand.

Walking through some of the clouds of smoke, I fanned around me as we made it upstairs to his room.

When we got into his room, he closed the door and I looked around before taking a seat on his bed.

He turned around and smiled staring at me.

"You good?" He signed to me and I nodded my head.

"I'm okay, haven't really been myself lately though." I signed back to him.

"What's wrong?" He signed, sitting down beside me looking very much interested in what I have to say.

It's so much, I don't think he's ready to fully know.

Guess I'm just gone have to cut it short.

"My insecurities." I signed slowly to him. "I don't belong here."

"If I'm not stupid, you said you don't belong here?" He mouthed to me.

I nodded my head.

He then pulled out a blunt, and lit it before putting it between his lips as I watched his lips move. "You do, you beautiful as fuck, we all on this world for a reason."

I looked away from him, slightly smiling at the compliment.

We are all on this world for a reason but I don't think we have to stay.

Maybe-

Kentrell tapped me and moved my face to his. "Lemme make you feel better, take you out."

"Where?" I signed.

He shrugged, understanding what I did. "Zoo?"

The zoo?

What type of shit is that?

Never been there before in my life.