Chapter 22

•• Baton Rouge, Louisiana ••
•• April 1, 2020 ••

•• Adorn Philips ••

I sat at my window looking outside as the rain poured down on the window

Lately I've been feeling a bit better.

Me getting shot wasn't nothing but another traumatizing memory to remember forever.

My mama took my phone, computer, tablet, anything I could have in contact with Kentrell.

I've been stuck in this room for days, and the only time I go out is for my therapy session.

My side still hurts, and me becoming more depressed with my life isn't helping it.

My whole world changed as soon as I stepped foot out that car.

Never shoulda done it.

I miss Kentrell, miss everything about him.

My surgery date is coming up for my hearing, I'm not even sure if I'm gonna make it.

Getting up, I fell back on my bed just as I noticed my door opening out of the corner of my eye.

I sat up, and gave a small smile even thought it completely hurt me to even force a smile.

"Are you okay?" My dad signed taking a seat on the bed and I shooked my head.

"I'm not dad, this isn't right. I did nothing wrong, she can't judge him. She can't keep me in here." I signed to him.

"I understand that, and I'm trying to fix this. I just need time." He signed. "Your mother's gone to the store right now, but I do have somebody you might wanna see."

Kentrell walked into the room and I smiled big immediately getting up and hugging him as he hugged me back.

It was a long hug, that for some reason made me feel so safe in his arms.

He kissed my forehead and I smiled looking up at him.

My dad tapped me and I looked at him as he signed. "I'll let you have some time with him, when your mom comes back I'll have to go somewhere. About to be busy today."

I nodded my head and he got up leaving us alone.

"I missed you." He signed to me.

"I missed you too, is Vee okay?" I signed.

I been worrying about her too.

"Yeah, she's good. I have to tell you something." He signed and I gave him that motion to go on.

"I know how you became deaf, your mama told me." He sat down beside me on the bed and my smile dropped.

"Why would she do that?" I signed.