Chapter 11

•• Baton Rouge, Louisiana ••
•• That Night ••

•• Adorn Philips ••

This would be hard to explain to him, considering a barely know the whole story

Everybody wonders how I became dead at the age of 10.

I wanna tell him, but I also don't because I don't know how he's react.

I don't want sympathy, or for anybody to feel sorry for me even though I know he is.

That's what I fear though, because then he'd start treating me like a kid.

I remember it like the back of my hand.

•• Flashback ••

10 year old Adorn sat in her room floor playing toys with her older cousin.

At that moment Adorn parents were split up, her dad wasn't around but she was with her mom.

Her mom also had a boyfriend, and he was considered Adorn's 'step dad'.

A nice, positive energy man.

Well that's what everybody thought.

Anyways, upstairs Adorn and her older cousin Tasia could hear them arguing.

Even if they tried to block out their voices.

"I FUCKING TOLD YOU NOT TO DO THAT SHIT, YOU SAID WE WAS DONE WITH IT" Her stepdad yelled.

"IT'S NOT EVEN AS BAD AS IT LOOKS, IT DIDN'T HURT ME, SO STOP MAKING IT SUCH A BIG DEAL" She yelled back.

They didn't understand them.

Adorn never even realized that her stepdad had put her mom on drugs.

Wasn't so nice and positive after all huh?

They started doing it too much, and almost overdosed.

That's when it was enough for the stepdad, and they became clean.

For a few years.