148: Let Go

So...what are we going to do?" Namjoon asks, surveying the little circle. A strange nostalgic feeling washes over you as you watch the seven boys sit together around you. You didn't know why, but with the morning coming to an end, it looked like everyone was going to go home. Back to their lives, that is. Which made this feel like the last time you were going to see them. 

You couldn't blame them for wanting to leave. To see your mom, your dad, your siblings, your lover, your children after seven years of separation despite the thin memories between you, you still had some solace and warmth. You still had the feeling of home, of normality that the crazy adventure you'd all gone through was just some dream coming to an end.

And that meant you'd have to part.

No one seemed to be enthusiastic about this idea however they weren't against it either. You could see torn expressions on many of their faces, the wish to stay together and the wish to go home struggling between them. They could return to an ordinary life, could go back to whatever they were doing, settle into a world where they were loved by a family who hadn't forgotten them. At the same time, the idea of the group breaking apart was extremely painful. After everything you'd been through together, the fact that you were not going to live together anymore was hard to digest.

The thing was, as you look around the group you realise that you had no other home. They were your home, these seven people even from here on.

"What do you mean?" Jimin says slowly, trying to avoid the topic.

"I mean that everyone still has their powers," Namjoon says, fiercely, like it was clear. He wasn't going to avoid it, no he'd never avoided anything before. The split was evident and he'd long mentally prepared himself for the fact. "We've been abandoned on a desolate planet the past seven years without anyone knowing what's happened to us. Hell, we've even been to space. What did you...what did you tell your families?"

"I avoided it," Jin lowers his eyes. "I avoided the question entirely and to some point they didn't ask, either. But you're right, we've got to say something. They're not going to trust us if we don't have answers and I can't risk losing my boys again."

"But we can't tell anyone," Hoseok points out. "We have no proof. Plus..." his eyes fall upon you and Namjoon. "About Bang Shi Hyuk now...after the truth...we can't arrest him. He's your father, your family...you know?. You have nowhere to go without him and-"

"If he's arrested we'll all become famous," Jungkook adds, shuddering at the idea of the crowd outside, of more people bombarding him this time and asking questions. "I don't want to do that."

"And what about Taehyung?" Jimin asks, looking sympathetically at Taehyung. Among all of you, he suffered the most because he really had nowhere to go. He'd probably cried the most too and he'd disappeared for the most of the morning. Right now, as you looked at him he resembles an empty shell, desolate and hollow. As all of you look at him, realising you'd neglected his loss, you feel a little guilty. 

His eyes puffed red, his heart broken and his soul dimmed.

A short silence overcomes the group. No one knows what to say. He was mourning someone he barely remembered and you were sympathising with the fact that if this happened, Taehyung was really going to be on his own. That thought was too unbearable, especially for Hoseok who felt somehow more empathetic as someone who had been so lonely himself.

"Taehyung can live with me," he says, suddenly, his heart going out to the younger boy.  "I used to live alone anyway. I'll...uh... I'll get a job or something and support both of us, okay? What do you think, Taehyung, hm?"

Knowing it was just pity, Taehyung doesn't say anything, looking at the floor. 

"And how will you do that?" Namjoon wants to know, interrogating Hoseok. The idea of him getting a job quickly with lack of experience, was a doubtful thing for Namjoon. He didn't think Hoseok was going to live alone either, especially when he'd just gotten back his family. However, Hoseok did look the most compatible one to take on Taehyung. Jin was no doubt going to be hectic and busy, it would only be awkward to stay with Yoongi and Jimin and Jungkook were mere students.