Chapter _6_

Noah's POV:

The morning sun shone on the roofs of the skyscrapers and with the first rays of the sun it had already erased the last proof that last night's rain had colored the city. I was moving along an already familiar path and my hard steps led me to the elevator. Liam was waiting for me there.

"It's all over," he said, and his penetrating gaze told me not to worry, the matter was over. Girl and receipts. Of course. People don't even know who they're dealing with.

"Let's do this." I nodded and got into the elevator.

Without looking back at the receptionist, I walked the well-known path to the conference room. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Liam swallow her gaze.

You dog.  I laughed.

I entered the meeting room and Colt and Miss Walker were already waiting for us. Kaylee.Her upper body was tilted toward the table, her head tilted to the side, and the hair that was curled at the ends fell over one shoulder. When they saw us, they both got up and we greeted each other. I chose to sit next to her. To my left is Liam and to her right sat Colt.

"I think it's fair to say a few things before we start this little 'secret dinner of ours,'" she said, glancing with fire at me and Liam.

"I want to let you know that even though, for some of my own reasons, I have agreed to this job now, it will not continue in the future. My "duty" ends with the completion of this work. "

Then focusing her penetrating gaze only on me. She turned sharply to Colt and gave him her stared look.

"I see you have a very high opinion of yourself, when you think we would consider you for some of our next jobs." I stared at her, and then I quoted one sentence

"You learned to run from what you feel, and that's why you have nightmares. To deny is to invite madness. To accept is to control. "

She looked at me in astonishment and sat down.

"So let's get started and finish this." I leaned back comfortably in my chair.

The meeting lasted a very long time. Over time, I glanced at her because I saw that I definitely had some influence on her. She was all angry and annoyed. When I looked at her, she would squirm in her chair, shifting one leg over the other. In those situations, her gray pencil skirt with a medium length slit on the front would show her bare thigh enough to feel lust towards her. Because that's what it really is, lust. I felt it. I liked the apparent sense of power she thought she had, she was really a feisty girl, with all her "principles" that she clung to so much.

After my inner monologue and evident study of her personality and appearance, she looked at me deeply and significantly, squinting her eyes. I think she challenged or warned me. I'm not sure, because I can see that a couple of emotions were changing in her eyes.

Feisty, I like it.

After hours of brainstorming and going over a pile of documents, we were finally done. It was time to leave. Without further ado, Liam and I said goodbye to Colt and Kaylee.

"Kaylee," I said with a grin on my face, and I poured my winning smile in front of her like a handful of pearls.

"It's Miss Walker for you, Mr. Carter"

Oh yes. I hit her in the center. Apparently I did something to disturb her moral compass.I took the documents and headed for the exit. Our man from the top of the state government was waiting for me at my hotel on 57th Street in Manhattan.

I have a feeling I'll see you again, Miss Walker. I do not doubt it.