Chapter _43_

Kaylee's POV:

Night fell and with its dark blanket it covered the roofs and streets that led me to him. Fuck everything, I wasn't happy without him!

I cut the gray asphalt around the city, rushing to see him.

I  feel him, I think of us. I see now through his eyes and hear his voice.The city and the shadows hid him, but tonight I'm tearing everything down  to get back to Noah.I was looking for him through the night and empty boulevards. 

His place is here, here on the left side of my body. I was living the past days and I still love him as before.

Jax greeted me at the entrance.

"Mrs. Carter, we've been waiting for you for a long time. Noah is home. Welcome back. "

I stormed into the room, scanning every corner to find him, but he wasn't there. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and raised my head. I heard a faint sound of water splashing. I tilted my head and saw him in the pool.

Dashing and half-naked. He was with his back to me and all in his thoughts  while leaning against the tiles on the wall.

I approached him slowly, absorbing every part of his body. After a few dozen steps, I formed in front of him.

He looked up and looked at me in disbelief. I squatted to be closer to him and said softly as I ran my fingers through his soft hair.

"I am here to stay. Forever. You and I. Until death do us part.''

A huge smile lit up his face and grabbed me with his manly hands. From the force of the contact, I fell on him and he spun me in the water hugging me tightly. We were like a whirlpool of water into which we fell ourselves. He kissed me tightly, that kiss conveyed so much emotion.

''You and I. Together to the end of the world. "

He took me in his arms and carried me to the bedroom, leaving behind traces of water dripping from us.

Beep beep beep beep! Beep beep beep beep!

I was awakened by the ringing of an alarm. I opened my eyes slowly, not wanting to leave the warmth of the bed.

I was greeted by the sight of my room. I looked around in disbelief.

I rubbed my eyes because I wasn't able to process what this was all about.

I looked a little better at the name of my alarm

"Today -  meeting with members of the Carters Corporation."

The memory of the previous evening played in my head- I came home from work, had a glass of wine and thought about a meeting with the famous CEO Noah Carter i have scheduled for today that Colt told me about.

I shook my head and face palm my mouth wide opened in shock and disbelief. It all looked so real. . . And it was all in my head, in my dreams. . .

I got dressed and as I was leaving my apartment i said to myself

‚‚Noah Carter I'm ready to meet you, are you ready for me too?‚‚

"You see things and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were and I say, 'Why not?'"
– George Bernard Shaw