Chapter _20_

Kaylee's POV:

His lips hovered painfully over mine and a shiver rumbled through my body, though I didn't let it show on me. After he left, I tried to pull myself together and think about everything again.

The truth is, I didn't have any concrete plan. But I pretended to be dead cold and had an ace up my sleeve to make him think. I must not enter this fight just like that, like a weakling, because if he saw me like that, he would crush my every hope that I could match up to him. I'm smart, I'll figure something out on the go.

I took the phone from my bag and started dialing Freya's number. So then I stopped. Should I tell her the truth or not? What is wise to do? If I tell her, I will always have a shoulder to cry on and comfort, and above all I hate to lie to her. On the other hand, I can put her in danger, not forgetting that what a successful PR she is- what if she decides to try to "save" me and blurt everything out to the public or drag Dean into the whole story of my rescue. . . My head was spinning. No, I couldn't let myself endanger any of them. This is the path I have to take on my own.

'' Hello girl. I was wondering if you could take some time tomorrow to go for a coffee with your friend as well as for shopping. I need a special dress. "

"Of course, I'll pick you up tomorrow after work and let's go!" I'd love to talk to you. What kind of dress do you have in mind? "

"I'll tell you tomorrow when I see you, okay?" Waiting for you.''

We chatted a bit and ended the conversation with greetings. This will be a fucking roller coaster in the next few days.

The next day after work I waited for her in front of the company. She stopped her car in front of me, opened the passenger window and signaled me to enter. Drops of sweat dripped from my palms as I grabbed the car lever and opened the door. I hate myself for not being able to tell her the truth, but I kept telling myself that it was for her good.

"So, where do you want us to go? What kind of dress do you need, for what occasion? "

I answered her with an innocent smile

"For the wedding."

"Who is getting married, you didn't mention anything to me?"

I looked her straight in the eyes and all that was left of my strength broke in me. At that moment, I knew I couldn't lie to her. Not her. She was with me in both good and bad.

"Me."

She said nothing. Her mouth remained half open and she blinked quickly. I thought she was going to pass out.

''You. . .? ''

Then she started laughing hysterically. When she saw that I had not changed my serious facial expression, she put her hand over her mouth and threw a stunned facial expression.

''Oh, you're serious! How? Why? With whom???''

"Take me to our cafe, I'll tell you everything."

After two hours of explanation, a few tears, a lot of emotional moments, in the end we both calmed down and recovered. I explained to her how important it is that she should not tell anyone. She agreed. She was aware of the situation, since she knew my whole past and everything related to my family.

'' Lucas. . . that fucking asshole. "

She said inhaling cigarette smoke. I just shook my head, eyes closed, in a sign of surrender.

"Hey girl, if you can't get out of this situation already, look at it from a brighter side. You could be married to an disgusting, old, wrinkled mobster. Noah is not such a bad punishment, well, I want to be his prisoner too. I mean, that body and that face. . . uh mamma, I'm already on fire! ''

She burst out laughing, visibly trying to make me laugh and get the best out of this horrible situation.

After that, we went to the wedding dress boutique. Wandering through rows and rows of various types, lengths and shapes I finally found one. Sophisticated and just wonderful. It's a shame I'm going to stain her whiteness with such a sinful marriage. After I put it on, I left the dressing room. The look on Frey's face told me everything.

'' Kaylee. You are the embodiment of a divine beauty. This is the right choice for you. "

I turned and looked at my figure in the mirror.

Off shoulder mermaid wedding dress, with a refined lace at the neckline that hugged my curves in a wonderful way. It spread at the bottom and visually gave the impression that I was hovering above the ground. It really was divine.

"The future Mrs. Carter - Queen of the Underworld."

Freya whispered to me as she crept up behind me.

The shiver went further south down my back, as I thought I was going to be someone's wife. His wife. The mobster's wife.