Chapter _12_

Kaylee's POV:

Chaos. I am currently a walking chaotic ruin. After a fun weekend and going out to a new club, in the days that followed, I was greeted by an abnormally extensive job. Contracts, negotiations, all jobs that were stopped for a short time during the affair "charity action to help the mafia" with me in the lead role, of course. I swallowed the bitter taste in my troath at the very thought of what I had done not to jeopardize my career. Am I sorry? The moral side screams at me and insults itself, while the other side. . . the side that has begun to go wild in me laughs devilishly. Of course, I'm talking about some feelings that burn in me, that beg me to break through to the light, but I suppress them very well. I attribute that to the excess of work, the lack of time I have for myself, and about some unmet needs. Many of them.

I lifted my head from the papers that were scaterred on the desk and stretched my neck, which cracked as it spun like a Viennese symphony. Fucking woman, it's like you inhabited the body of a fifty-year-old. Take a break. But I couldn't. I have a few weeks ahead of me that will result in my declaration as the youngest partner in the history of the city. My monologue and philosophizing was interrupted by a screen that illuminated a dark office. I didn't even notice that it was getting dark and that it was already seven o'clock in the evening.

"I have a feeling you'd like that coffee right now."

"One coffee? It would be better if you said immeasurable amounts of coffee. Believe it or not, I'm still at work. "

I typed quickly, sincerely longing for that magical potion. Yes, just for that.

"I don't know why it's not surprise to me at all, but even better. I'll pick you up at work in 20 minutes. "Right after that message, another message arrives.

"There are no excuses, I won't give you a chance to say no. I'll wait for you in front of the firm. 20 minutes. "

The truth is, I wanted to relax a little. The job totally consumed me, so I screamed for some social contact outside the firm. Dean, why not? A little friendly flirtation and pleasant conversation won't kill me.

I straightened my suit with my hands and after refreshing myself, I went down to the front of the building where Dean was already waiting for me. He looked smoking hot. An olive blouse perfectly outlined his muscles and that smile that revealed perfectly white teeth would disarm anyone. If I were a little more desperate, I'd think about how those strong arms would crush me while hugging me, but I just didn't. I don't know why, but I didn't feel any trembling, nervousness, excitement. I know-I should, but I just didn't. I approached him relaxed and pushed him on the shoulder a little.

"I hope the place you're taking me has coffee to get me out of the dead."

"Since you look like a dead man walking, I'll do my best to make it happen."

"Heeey, as a gentleman, shouldn't you now give me a compliment like"you shine like the moonshine "or" no star can match your beauty. "

I burst out laughing clinging to Dean. I like his sense of humor, and honestly, I was kind of relieved that he didn't flirt with me at first. Again that calm feeling awoke in me, like I was sitting with a friend. There are no butterflies or they have long since died in me. I immediately remembered my encounters with Noah and there was that thousand-volt electrical voltage flowing through my body. Or they didn't die. But suddenly they turned from butterflies into dragons spitting fire and ignited inside me at the very thought of him.

God, what's going on with me?

I quickly shook off those thoughts and Dean's voice brought me back to the real world.

"Nah, I'm not saying anything sweet until I get that long-promised coffee."

He winked at me, opened the passenger door, and we hurried into the night lights of the city.

The place where he took me looked like a small French paradise. A warm, intimate atmosphere, the kind I imagine when I think of a rainy day, reading a book and sipping coffee. Perfect. Above the door hung a gleaming "Chez Pierre" sign. It really is French. We sat at a table by the window and ordered coffee and French croissants. The evening passed peacefully, we generally talked about various topics and we got to know each other better. It was time to go home and he drove me to my apartment. We got out of the car and stood in front of the front door.

"Thank you, Dean, I really needed to go out and exchange a few words with someone - and of course that means it's not some legal advice."

I smiled. He looked me straight in the eyes. He bit his lower lip and gently grabbed my elbows with both hands.

"Of course, whenever you need an escape, I'm here for you."

As he said that, he slowly approached me.

He will kiss me. Oh no, what should I do. I'm not sure I want this, I didn't think the evening was going in this direction.

My inner chatter was interrupted by his kiss.

I closed my eyes. Relief.

He pushed his lips away from my cheek. Yes, he kissed me on the cheek. I opened my eyes slowly and smiled slightly at him.

"Thanks"

I told him, and I knew the word had a deeper meaning. I think he also understood what I thanked him for. He turned and disappeared into the darkness of the city.

I unlocked the apartment, tossed the keys on the table, and ran my fingers through my hair. What's going on with me? Why can't fall for  a decent guy who is the image and opportunity of the man every woman craves?I lay down on the bed and stared blankly at the ceiling.

I didn't let a torrent of thoughts overwhelm me because I know I wouldn't like the flow of those thoughts.

That tornado in my head.Those blue-green eyes.