Chapter _35_

Kaylee s POV:

As I was putting the earrings on in front of the mirror, he approached me from behind and gently began to slide kisses down my neck. In the reflection of the mirror, his eyes shone while his gaze scanned my body like a laser beam.

I placed my palm on his, and turned, facing his intoxicating scent and divine facial features.He looked at me, raising his eyebrows and asked me with a dose of seriousness and yet so seductive.

"Where will the lady go alone at night? Have you not heard that the late evening hours are not safe for such beauty of a woman?"

He kissed me tenderly but possessively between words.

"This lady knows how to take care of herself. It's not that late anyway. I knew about going out later."

"It's a thing of the past. You're a woman now..."

He looked at me, thinking about what he would say next.

"...of a very powerful businessman. I wouldn't want anyone to take advantage of that."

"The only person who can use that, as an argument for me staying at home, is you. I'm going for coffee with friends and nothing will stop me."

He moved slightly away from me, while there was an internal dilemma in him.

"Okay, have a nice time and say hello to your girlfriends."

He told me by giving me one juicy kiss. Girlfriends? Do I need to correct him? So why should I, a friend is a friend regardless of gender.

"I will, don't wait for me."

I told him as I was leaving the room, and out of the corner of my eye I noticed that Noah was turning his back on me at that moment and took out his phone, calling someone.

Whatever. I thought.

At the entrance to the garage, I was greeted by Jaxon, the new bodyguard, since Hayden had simply disappeared from the unfortunate event. Noah told me he had been transferred, without further explanation.

"Good evening, Jaxon."

"Good evening, Mrs. Carter, your car is waiting for you."

"Thanks, but I'm going with my own car, no need for a driver."

He nodded in approval, though I couldn't help but notice the frown. As I entered my Toyota, he mumbled something to himself in his chin, which I took as a sign that he had informed someone, more precisely him, about my departure through the microphone system. Leaving alone. With my own car.

I don't understand why so much fuss. Gosh.

After finding a free parking space, I headed to the cafe. A loud doorbell signaled my entry and I scanned the dimly lit room to find Freya and Dean.Somewhere in the corner I noticed a raised hand greeting me. Dean. But no sign of Freya anywhere.

"Hey Dean, is Freya late again? It's so much like her."

Dean's face curled a little and he scratched the back of his neck with his right hand.

"Actually, I forgot to let her know earlier, I was busy because of the work. We heard from each other some time ago and she already had something planned with Chris and his sister so she couldn't come."

I sat down slowly, leaving my keys and purse beside me.

"I hope it's not a problem?"

"I'm sorry she's not with us, but its no problem of course."

The waiter came and took out our orders.

"So, Freya told me you married Noah Carter. The news were like thunder from the clear skies. I didn't know you were dating, let alone that it was serious."

I shifted in my chair, taking a sip of my coffee.

"I know it was all so fast, but love is like that. Some things we know are real as soon as it happens to us."

Love. . . I looked thoughtfully out the dim window. My lips twisted into a smile, cutting my cheeks. If I didn't have ears, that smile would go in a circle.

Is that what I really feel? For the first time, I put reasonable thinking aside for the sake of feelings. The first time I gave myself whole and I was not overthinking. I missed him every moment, and I would be happiest when I got home to him.

"Hey, you wandered off somewhere."

"Yeah, sorry, I was just remembering everything about the wedding."

"Kaylee you're so in love . I'm so glad you found happiness."

As he told me this, he placed his palm over my hand, which was resting next to a cup of coffee.

Suddenly I felt a presence above my shoulders.

A black leather jacket shone on his body covering a white T-shirt that would outline the defined muscles. His eyes were dark and screaming with horror.

"So this is how you imagine going out for coffee with your girlfriends in the evening?"

I looked away from his tense face to the scene in front of me.

Dean's hand firmly over mine, a dark corner in the cafe, no one around us. A scene of lovers hiding. Dean didn't bother to put his hand away, but looked Noah straight in the eye.

I quickly pulled my hand out from under his.

"Noah, I don't want to make a fight or make a fuss about this. It's just not what it seems. We're civilized people,so listentto me nicely, please."

Suddenly, before Noah wanted to say anything, Dean overtook him.

"Kay, are you scared, do you need my help?"

At the speed of light Noah formed in front of Dean grabbing him by the neck and sinking into his face.

"You little piece of a shit, I dont want to hear your voice again, if life is dear to you."

Then he took Dean's hand that seconds ago was over mine and squeezed it hard.

"I will break every bone in your body and in the places that your hand have touched her skin I will open live wounds for you."

"Noah, don't, I told you it's not what you think. He is my friend. Leave him alone!"

"Friend? Even the blind man would see him looking at you with passion and the desire in his eyes!"

"Stop talking like that! Out of jealousy, you don't see things the way they really are. You can't do things like this to me! Let him go when I tell you!"

Noah just looked at me angrily and punched Dean, and he fell over the chair.

He shot another look and ran out of the cafe.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry, I'm soo sorry about this!"

I said through with sobs.

"If you ever need help ... or protection, you can always turn to me."

Dean told me, as if I were the one with the blood draining from my mouth. It's as if he can do something against the king of the underworld.