Face The Music

Chapter 1

You and Josh have been friends for a long time! Even your mom and his mom were friends, when Josh's mom was pregnant with Josh and your mom was pregnant with you. You've always had feelings for Josh but it didn't matter since you knew Josh didn't like you back. Little did you know that Josh does like you, but Josh thinks that you don't like him.

You get a text from Matt.

'Hey Lizzie! Wanna hangout?'

'Sure! Where are we goin?'

'Umm. Come over to my place!'

'Okay I'll just get ready and head over!'

You get ready to go to Matt's. you're thinking 'hey maybe if I ask Matt out I might get over my feelings for Josh! Gosh I hope so I can't stand thinking about him all the time knowing he doesn't feel the same way.'

You got ready and go to Matt's.

You just walk in, you and Matt are to good of friends to knock. You walk in

"Matt? Where are you?" Matt didn't hear you. You walk into the kitchen to find Matt just in his boxers! You scream!

"Uhh hi Lizzie! I didn't hear you come in."

"Hi Matt. So you just walk around your house in your underwear knowing your gonna have company?" You giggle! Matt blushes

"Hehehe I kinda forgot! I'll go get some clothes on ok?"

"Ok, Matt how could you forget about me?" You said and then giggled! Matt walks back into the kitchen fully clothed.

"So what do you wanna do?" You said

"Uhh, I don't know, do you wanna go out for lunch?"

"Sure... You're buying! Haha where do you wanna go?"

"Well if I'm buying we better not go somewhere to fancy!" Matt says jokingly.

"I'm feeling like a salad, what about you?"

"I could go for a salad!" You both head out to Matt's car.

You go to a restaurant. You get seated and order.

"Hey uhh Matt, can I ask you something?"

"Sure Lizzie! You can ask me anything!"

"Ok well, umm... Do you wanna go out sometime?" You say kind of shy.

"We are out! You silly nilly!"

"I know that Matt! But out on a real date?"

"Umm sure! Why not? When will we go?"

"How does tomorrow night sound?"

"Great! I'll pick you up at 6:00!"

The food gets here and you finish eating.

"That was delicious! Thanks Matt!"

"No problem Lizzie!"

Matt pays and you head out to the car. Matt drives you home.

"Thanks for lunch! It was scrumptious! And thanks for the ride! See you at 6:00 tomorrow!"

"No problem Lizzie! And sure thing see you then!"

You head in side, and sit on the floor in your living room. You think 'what if me and Matt work out? What if I never tell Josh how I really feel? I guess that's what I wanted!' For the rest of the day you just clean your house listening to Christmas music, and Thousand Mile Christmas comes on, you start jammin' out! You absolutely love that song! Then a couple songs after that Baby Please Come Home comes on, it kinda makes you sad and a tear drops down your eye. You love that song but Josh sings it so well and it makes you sad that you still love him and he doesn't love you back. Well the day goes on and your getting tired so you go lay down in your bed and fall asleep.

Dreaming about Josh and Matt fighting over you, it's getting really rough should I stop it? Just as someone was about to win you wake up and see that the time is 10:07 AM. I have a couple hours before I have to get ready to go on my date with Matt.

Hours go by. And you got ready and know its 6:55.

'Matt should be here soon.' You think to yourself as you gaze out the window. Matt shows up and comes and knocks on the door.

"Are you ready Lizzie