Face The Music

Chapter 8

"Good night Lizzie!" He whispers to you. It's been a couple minutes and Josh falls asleep still looking at photos. You wake up in the middle of the night in his arms and the scrapbook still on your laps. 'I could get used to this!' You thought to yourself. You lift the scrapbook off your laps and in to the coffee table. You snuggle back into his arms and fall back asleep. You wake up before Josh in the morning and realize your both still in your fancy clothes. You wiggle your way out of Josh's arms to go change. You think to yourself 'Josh must be uncomfortable in his tux. Maybe I'll quietly go to his place to grab himself some if his clothes.' You grab his keys from his pocket and quietly leave. You get to Josh's house and grab a shirt of his and a pair of pants. You get back home open the door and walk to the living room to find Josh not sleeping on the couch. But you do hear music playing from the kitchen though. You set Josh's clothes down on the couch and walk into the kitchen. You lean against the door frame.

"I'm walking on sunshine woah!" Josh is singing.

"Good Morning!" You say to Josh.

"Good morning beautiful! Good sleep?" Josh says flipping a pancake.

"The best! And you?" You say to Josh walking to sit on a stool.

"Terrific!"

"I'm a bit worried Josh!"

"Why what's the matter?" He asks nervously.

"Well it's just that, you're cooking the pancakes!"

"Haha very funny!"

"I sure thought so! So Josh you asked me on another date last night."

"I did!" He says putting a pancake on a plate.

"So when's it gonna be?"

"Hmm... are you free at lunch?" He says putting another pancake on the same plate.

"Yup! Where are we going? Do I need to dress up again today?" Josh walls to the table with orange juice and two cups.

"Just something casual will be great. You can wear something fancy but you wouldn't fit in." Josh walks back to the kitchen and grabbing two plates and the plate with all the pancakes on them and knifes and forks.

"And you do fit in?" Josh grabs the syrup and sits down.

"There's the sarcastic bitch I know!" You each grab a pancake.

"Thank you!" You both reach for the syrup, your hands meet.

"Go ahead!" Josh says pulling his hand away.

"Thank you!" You pour the syrup on your pancake and then pass it to Josh. You finish breakfast and Josh goes to change his clothes.

"Do you want to finish looking at these pictures? Or?" You call out to him.

"Absolutely! Why wouldn't I?" Josh says walking out of the bathroom into his more comfortable clothes.

"I don't know some guys just don't like to do stuff like that." Josh comes and sits beside you.

"We'll I'm not like 'some guys' I'm different!" You pick up the scrapbook and put it in both your laps again.

"I can see that! Most guys don't have blue hair!"

"I'll take that as a compliment!" You look at the pictures for awhile, and realize the time is almost lunch.

"It's almost lunch, I'll go put some makeup on and then we can leave." You stand up but Josh pulls you down and puts you on his lap.

"No!" You try to get up but Josh keeps you down.

"No what?" You try to get up again but Josh is still keeping you down.

"Don't put makeup on!" You quit trying to get up, you knew Josh would just keep you down anyways.

"Why?"

"Because you don't need it! You're beautiful as it is!"

"Thanks Josh! But can you let me up?"

"Do you promise not to put makeup on?"

"Fine!"

"Fine!" Josh puts you down, you stand up and run. But Josh catches up to you and throws you over his shoulder.

"JOSH! PUT ME DOWN!"

"NEVER!"