23| Screams

Rye's POV

I came home and heard noises in the bathroom. It looked like someone was throwing up, so I decided to go and have a look. I opened the door and Andy was sitting next to the toilet. Did he throw up? Didn't he feel well? He obviously didn't realize I had come in. "Are you OK?" I ask worriedly. He turns around and it looks as if he has seen a ghost. He answers "yes yes" and he laughs. Something in me says that he is not telling the truth. Andy doesn't like to show when he doesn't feel well because he looks weak, he always says, so it wouldn't surprise me if he tried to hide it again. "Sure? You don't look well" I say worried. "I feel great" he says, and he walks out of the bathroom and leaves me alone. I don't believe him at all. Why does he want to hide the fact that he doesn't feel well? Why doesn't he just say it? It's not that we're going to hate him for it or anything.

That's when Mickey comes into the bathroom. "Ow sorry bro, I thought there was nobody there" he says when he opens the door. "It's nothing, I was going to leave anyway" I say and walk out of the bathroom. But I stop when I open the door. Maybe Mickey knows more? Maybe Andy doesn't want to say anything to me. "Uh... can I ask him something?" I ask him. "Sure," he says as he brushes his teeth. "Is Andy feeling all right?" I ask worriedly. "Uh... yes, he doesn't have a headache any more, and he says he's fine. Why?" he asks. "Well, when I came in it looked like someone was throwing up and when I went to look Andy was sitting next to the toilet" I say. "Did he vomit?" Mickey asks, now clearly worried. "I don't know, he says he feels well, but I don't believe it" I say. "Yes, I and the others didn't believe him either, but he doesn't look bad" he says. "Yes that's right, I think he's hiding something, but I can't say what" I say. "mmm, yes" says Mickey. "Can you talk with him, he doesn't want to talk to me and maybe you'll be more successful?" I ask him. "OK I'll do it" he says.

After Mickey has finished he goes to the room to talk to Andy and ask if he feels well. In the meantime, I get ready to go to sleep. After a few minutes Mickey is in my room and I ask him "and what did he say?". "He says he feels great, but I could tell by looking at him that he doesn't" he says as he sits on my bed. "What should we do then?" I ask. "I don't know if he doesn't say what's wrong we can't help him" says Mickey. I nod, and we wish each other a good night's sleep. I can't sleep very well because I keep thinking about Andy. Why won't he tell me what's really wrong? In the end I fall asleep anyway.

A few hours later

I wake up by a sound. I open my eyes and rub them to wipe out sleep. What was that? I think of myself when I sit up. It was as if someone was screaming. Just when I want to lay down again I hear the sound again it seems to come from the corridor. I walk to my door and I see Jack and Brook coming out of their room as well. "What is that?" Brook asks yawning. I shrug my shoulders to say that I don't know. There is the sound again. "That's Andy!" I shout and runs to his room, Brook and Jack behind me. I open the door and Andy is floundering and shouting in his bed. But where is Mickey? I am completely stiffened by the image I see. Andy beats around "Help! Help! Please! No! Leave me alone! Help I'm scared! Help!" he shouts and it's heartbreaking to see him like this. Tears roll down his cheeks, and he keeps shouting and beating around. Brook walks towards him. "Andy calm down, we're here you don't have to be afraid" he tries to reassure him "no, help! Help! Let me go!!" Andy keeps shouting. "Andy it's a nightmare, you're safe" Jack tries to calm him, but without success. I finally find the strength to move back and walk towards him and hug him. I get some hard blows, but that doesn't matter. I have to protect him and that's what I'm going to do. "Andy calm down, you're safe" I whisper. "No, no let go of me! Help!" he shouts while he gives me a few more beats. "Andy, it's me Rye, you're safe now. I'm with you and I won't let anyone hurt you" I whisper while Brook and Jack look at me. Finally, Andy starts to calm down and stop hitting me. "Rye?" he says with a weak voice of shouting. "Yes, I'm here, now you're safe" I say. He cuddles me back and hides his face in my chest and starts crying even louder. I hold him firmly and rub his back. At that moment Mickey enters. "Where were you?" Brook asks. "I was just outside, what happened?" asks Mickey. "Andy had a nightmare" says Brook. They talk on, but I don't listen. I focus on Andy, who is still crying. "Calm down, I'm here and I'll never let you down again" I say. "t...t...thank you" he hardly gets said and puts his head against my chest again. After a while he stops crying and shivering, his heartbeat is back to normal. I look down and notice that Andy has fallen asleep. "I will stay with him, you go to sleep" I say to the others. "Sure Rye?" asks Jack and I nod. I put myself a bit better on the bed and hold Andy. He snuggles against my chest and I lean with my back against the wall. He starts to shiver, so I pull the blanket over him, so he gets warm again. Meanwhile, the others are already asleep. I had seen Mickey look at us with a smile before he went to sleep. I keep looking at Andy, admiring him. His soft skin, his beautiful blond hair, his pink lips begging to be kissed. Ow Andy I love you so much! I think to myself. I feel my eyes getting heavy and fall into a deep sleep.

I am awake early. I try to get up but notice that I can't and then I see that Andy is still lying on my chest. I lay him on the bed and get up. I have terrible back pain, probably from the bad lying position, but I don't care because it was for Andy. I go to my room and get ready to go jogging. Normally I used to do it all the time, but because of Amy I stopped. I put on a workout and my sports shoes and grab my headphones and put on some music. I go out the door and start my morning run. It's wonderful to walk in the morning. You can see the sun coming up, the smell of the morning rope and in the woods it's most beautiful. I love to run in the woods, it's quiet there and it calms me down. But this morning there was something strange, there was someone else and it looked like he was following me, but when I stopped to look he was gone. I started to run on, but then...

Please vote and follow me on Wattpad and Instagram (randy.fanfiction.roadtrip). Let me know what you think of the story