9. Decided on forever

'Engagement marks the beginning of an eternal journey'

The sun was shining bright there were no gloomy clouds. The day dawned crisp and clear.
Swarnima rubbed her sleepy eyes and got up with a smile. Her gutsy act last night made her proud of herself. It was not everyday, hell! It was the first time she broke a rule that too one laid by Nandini. Suddenly her smile disappeared and she felt guilty. She forced herself out of the bed and took a relaxing shower. After dressing up in a lime coloured dress Swarnima walked out of her room and was immediately pushed back.

The grand palace of Swarnbhoomi was hustling and bustling. Even with the best wedding planners Rudra and Randeep along with Eklavya made sure everything was as per plan. They wanted to make sure all arrangements were beyond perfect. It was for an alliance which they were preparing for years. It was not only Abehdya and Swarnima's dream to marry each other but each and everyone who knew them wanted them to be hitched on for life.
They were imperfectly perfect for each other.

"Nim you are not going out of the room until evening. Sit back and enjoy pampering." Tara, Aadya and Nimrit pushed her inside and rolled the breakfast trolley. They stuffed her with food and amidst giggling and teasing Swarnima confessed she broke the rule...well not technically, she met Abhedya but didn't see him. Salute and whistles for her guts pumped up Swarnima's morale.

An army of beauticians entered the room and began to work with their professional hands. A relaxing spa massage, followed by body polishing and finally a bath in a tub filled with hot water, rose petals and essential oils. Tara enjoyed the pampering all the more because marriage during pregnancy made her tired and lethargic. It was only after post lunch that the girls were done with all the options available with the beauticians. For a change they didn't have to persuade their clients to get things done.
Tara and Aadya were comparing their skin and whose treatment was better when they saw Swarnima peeping out of the window. The sun kissed her skin making it glow like gold, she literally was. They awed at her but the smile on her face made them peep out of the window. Swarnima was adoring her man who was looking absolutely stunning in his three piece suit.

Tara and Aadya winked at each other and whispered their plan in Nimrit's ear. They shouted on top of their voices, "ABHEDYA RAJVANSHIiiii I LOVE YOU". Swarnima paralysed on her spot. Abhedya looked up and saw the shine of his life. But the esteemed guests he was attending were also the witness of the crazy proclamation.
As soon as her eyes met with Abhedya's, she hid behind the window. She could hear the laughter from outside and inside her room.
Friends do things to embarrass you but this was beyond embarrassing. She wanted to dig the earth and bury herself. She was embarrassed yes, but the red hue on her face certified she felt what was said out loud.

Abhedya bit the inside of his cheeks, lips, rubbed the back of his neck, fidgeted with his mobile but nothing worked. He finally smiled and laughed with others. He was all shy just like his fiancée...oh! Wait! Shy? and his fiancée? Nah! She just shouted on top of her voice asserting openly infront of guests that she loved him.
Wow! The girl who confessed her love for the first time while walking down the Palace Road after attacking the enemy, when the only witness to the confession were the rising sun, the settling moon, the morning stars and two hearts beating as one.

'It wasn't me. Girls shouted. I am so sorry.' Message sent,received, read and ignored.
'Aby, I am so sorry please don't be angry. I didn't know they would shout like that.' Message sent,received, read and ignored.
'Aby, I was only peeping out of the window when I saw you and you know my sense organs don't behave when I see you. Are you so angry that you won't reply?' Message sent, received, read and ignored.

Swarnima's limit gave up and she became sad. Girls thought did they go too far? Boys do that all the time. They just wanted to have some wedding fun and it's perfectly normal.