11. Love glue

After the ceremony was over, an excited Abhedya ran to his room where his queen was waiting for him. Swarnima was sitting near the dressing table taking off her heavy jewellery. He walked to her and saw her reflection in the mirror.
Abhedya hugged her from behind and confessed, "You do know you are the most gorgeous girl alive on planet earth."

Swarnima smiled coyly and asserted, "You do know you are the reason for my gorgeousness."
The blush on Abhedya's face was a shade darker than Swarnima's red lehenga. They continued looking at each other's reflections when something caught Abhedya's attention.

"Hey... is this the same picture... with which our secret wars start? The one you hid behind the bathroom mirror?" Abhedya took the photo which was now framed in a square-shaped silver frame with two hearts interconnected at the bottom of the right corner.

"Yes. I didn't want to start our new journey with any unsolved secrets. I hid the picture because that was the last gift of my one true love to me. I was not allowed to keep anything attached from my past with me. But, I couldn't part with this, you know the reason. So, I hid it. When you found out about it, I got baffled and didn't know how to react. For me, it was a treasure that just got looted. I didn't want anyone to see it, not even you.
You asked me why was I hiding it? I had no answer then. I could not say that I was still madly in love with you and treasured this faded picture you gave me when you were not even sure if we could be friends.
I know I overreacted. Sorry! But now you know my craziness for my 'forever Valentine' my 'childhood sweetheart' and now my 'husband'." Revealing the little secret and confessing her love, Swarnima hugged Abhedya warmly.

"With ten minutes of the night already gone, I am not wasting any more time." Abhedya pulled Swarnima closer and trailed her face sensually with his long finger.  

"Waste? Really? You got to date and dance with your adversary because of that." Swarnima argued with a pinch of blush.

"True that! But now I am all set to dance to different music and take our date to level.... XYZ!" Abhedya jumped with Swarnima on the bed.

"Ouch!" Swarnima yelped in pain.

Abhedya left her and examined the cause of the pain. A safety pin opened and pricked Swarnima's soft skin. "I think you should change this heavy lehenga of your's first."

"I was going to do that only until you pulled me." Swarnima got down from the bed and headed to the dressing room for changing.

"Oh! My bad! Why don't I help you changing out of that dress and make up for my fault." Abhedya suggested "innocently".

To his surprise, Swarnima agreed saying, "Oh! Really? Thank you. Come quickly. This is so suffocating. I told mumma and bhui it's so heavy, they just didn't listen."

Abhedya smiled at the naiveness of his wife. Even after three years of them being together as a couple she seldom understood his hints or suggestive statements. He loved this innocence in her but he wanted her to be bold today.

Abhedya carefully started taking out dozens of pins attached to set the dupatta and odhni while Swarnima was undoing her bun. She was talking continuously but Abhedya was zoned out. His hands were moving and doing what they were asked to. The dupatta fell off Swarnima's shoulder uncovering the beauty she was hiding. The view that lay in front of Abhedya was beyond aesthetic.

"Hey, thanks. It was so tough to do it alone." Swarnima's long silky hair fell on her body as she opened the bun. The hair he adored and loved playing with became a subject of envy today. They were touching Swarnima at places Abhedya wanted to.
Swarnima picked her change and walked towards the washroom. A strong pull caged Swarnima startling her.