40. Get set go!

He is the ballad of love, so impatient and fervour.
She is the saga of love, so glorious and ardour.

The reply which Arundhati gave to Nimrit, shocked Abhedya. He took out his phone and scrolled a few messages up and down. His thumb stopped at the same message he received months before from...KRISTINA!
"That Bitch!" Abhedya muttered and Nimrit chuckled.

"Dogs and bitches are more loyal than you Rajvanshi men." Nimrit sounded bitter.
Abhedya didn't defend his family name. He knew she had reasons but they didn't have time to debate over them.

"Anyways, I left the NGO after a showdown with Arundhati, out of nowhere a car collided with mine and the accident hurt me bad. Strangely, the police didn't report the incident and my mother was warned if she reports about it, I won't see the next noon. After my father's demise, I was her only support system and she didn't take a risk. I was in Coma for two months and except for my mother there was no one next to me, as I am told." Nimrit felt dizzy and she pressed her head.

"Nimrit it's okay. Don't say anything further. I think you need rest. I will call Arya and he will take care of further treatment." Abhedya dialled Arya's number but Nimrit stopped him.

"I... I do not want any kind of favours from the mighty royals. Just take this address and find our Queen. I took a hell of a lot of risk for this. Arundhati keeps a tab on my health every day and if she discovers I was not in the hospital, Nim could be in danger. My mother has bribed the ward boy at the hospital and he will misguide the doctors for a few hours. The scam is bigger than we can think.
All the best Abhey. You have broken the trust of the girl who lived to love you just don't shatter her hope." Nimrit got up to leave and pulled down her veil. "And, Raja sa, if you can keep my visit a secret from your brother as a payback to the information I supplied." She unbolted the door only to see Nivedya at the door. Nimrit sobbed quietly inside her veil. She had not seen him in months. Nivedya kept staring at the lady with the veil. He couldn't see anything but felt familiar.

"Sorry Miss, do I know you?" Nivedya's heart was hammering inside.

"I hope you didn't." Nimrit managed to say and left with heavy steps.

Confused by her reply he kept looking at her retreating and soon out of sight.

After processing the entire information, Abhedya was numb but happy. He marched out towards his room when Nivedya asked him, "By any chance was Nimrit here?"

Abhedya could see hope. He could revive the lost name of Rajvanshi men. "Why do ask that, Nivi?"

"The air is filled with her aroma," Nivedya answered with a lost expression. Abhedya hugged his little brother and kissed his forehead. It was a behaviour unlikely for the brothers. They loved each other but expressing it was not their kind.

Once inside his room, Abhedya opened one of his cupboards and removed its shelves. He then opened the secret door inside the cupboard and with the torchlight of his phone, as the only source of light, moved quickly. At the midpoint of the secret tunnel, he saw a tall frame already waiting for him.

"What took you so long?" A man questioned him.

"I am sorry Maan." It was Maan. Abhedya hugged him and they sat on the floor of the tunnel.

"Our information and analysis were correct. But we have lost more than we can think." Abhedya narrated the story Nimrit told him and Maan felt guilty for being oblivion too.

"Abhey, we will make up for all our faults but right now, we need to take action. The biggest lead we have is the potential address but how do we go about it? If you leave the state, he will get alert and might change the plan or worse hurt Nim." Maan was reading the charts and documents again.