Chapter 41: Home For The Holidays

Stella's POV -

"Mom? Vanessa? I'm home!" I was pulling my suitcase through the front door until I saw Vanessa hurrying towards me. "Nessa!".

"Stell, I've missed you so much!" She said, hugging me tightly.

"I've missed you too. And I can obviously tell that Mom's here because I can smell her amazing cooking" I chuckled.

"Yeah, she's in the kitchen" Vanessa said after.

"Stella. My baby. Oh, I've missed you so much" Mom walked out of the kitchen, and came towards me as we instantly embraced a hug.

"Missed you too Mom".

"Look at how big the bump's growing. How is it going?" She asked, and continued to have her arm around me.

"Sometimes easy, then hard or in the middle. But you know, I've had my friends and Ja-...yeah, my friends have been really supportive through it all" I smiled.

"Well, that's good. So where's the famous Austin that we have yet to meet?" Vanessa questioned, taking my suitcase and we all walked upstairs.

I sighed. "Austin and I. We didn't really work out. I wanted one thing, I wanted another. And I know that to be in a relationship, you should try and get past disagreements but I thought that ending it was for the best. But we are still really good friends".

"Aw, I'm so sorry Stella" Vanessa apologised, as we sat down on my bed in my practically empty room.

"It's fine. You know, it's the Holidays. It's all about smiling and being happy. So, how are we doing it this year? Staying home, going to a relatives, relatives coming here?"

"Actually, we're staying home this year honey. And um, 3 people will be joining us" Mom explained.

"Who?" I wondered, staring at them both.

"Richard. And his son and daughter" Vanessa continued but then looked at Mom like she regret it and was waiting for my reaction.

"Who's Richard?" I questioned again, looking confused.

"...Mom's new boyfriend" Vanessa finally explained, causing my heart to skip a beat and my happiness to completely drop. I tried to laugh a little to see if they would too and that this would all be a joke. But I was the only one left laughing.

"I...but...boyfriend?" I tried saying.

"We've been together for 4 months now" Mom quietly said.

"Sorry, 4...4 months? That's impossible because...you guys were dating before I went to college, weren't you?" I realised, standing up and suddenly struggled to catch my breath just like last time.

"Sweetie, are you okay?" Mom came closer and tried touching my shoulder.

"No! Don't...touch me" I yelled back, brushing past her and marching downstairs.

I made my way towards the back door, and sat down on the bench in the garden. Struggling to hold back the tears, they came flowing out as I covered my mouth, thinking about how happy we all were when it was just me, Vanessa, Mom...and my Dad. Just the thought of my Mom being with someone else made me want to lose it. And the fact that she was dating that stranger behind my back while my mind is on my Dad every fucking minute of the day, and now that stranger and his family suddenly want to join us for Christmas and act like we're one big happy family?!. This family will never be the same as long as my Dad is not here.

-

HEEY GUYS. THIS IS LIKE THE SHORTEST CHAPTER EVER AND IM SO SORRY BUT I JUST WANTED TO END IT LIKE THIS, THEN CONTINUE IT ON THE NEXT DAY WHEN STELLA MEETS RICHARD AND HIS FAMILY FOR THE FIRST TIME.

ILY ALL AND I WILL BE POSTING THE NEXT CHAPTER IN EITHER A FEW HOURS OR TOMORROW I HAVEN'T DECIDED YET. PLS COMMENT, SHARE AND VOTE. XOXO