Chapter Twenty: Raise The Chalice Of Death

Sorry in advance.

:)

Kagome Ito's POV:

In and out, in, out, in, out. I had to remind myself multiple times that sometimes I just needed to breathe. I wasn't the calmest person when it came to dangerous, or stressful situations, and right now, I was not calm and I was stressed. I had to do this...if not..

..I'd lose it all....

"Dammit!" I yelled, slamming my hands down on the arcade game. Josuke cackled beside me, Okuyasu cheering him on in the background. 

"Finish him!" The American voice behind the game was clear, and not to mention haunting. 

"Get over here!" Josuke's character yelled, as he slammed his fingers down on the buttons and mashed in a combo. 

"No, no, no!" I exclaimed, hitting random buttons to try and break free from Scorpio's special move. I hung my head in defeat as my character was killed. 

"Fatality!"

"Hell yeah!" Josuke yelled, pumping his fist into the air. He high-fived Okuyasu, then held his hand out towards me with a raised eyebrow and a grin. 

"I hate you," I muttered, slapping the hundred yen in his palm. 

"Thank you," He hummed, shoving the money in his pocket. "You should have known Sub-Zero was a bad choice,"

"You just play dirty is all," I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest as we walked from the arcade. 

"You're such a sore loser!" Okuyasu said, smirking at me. 

"Shuddup!" I said. "Josuke's a cheat and he knows it!"

"I didn't cheat!" He laughed, raising his hands in defense. 

"Yeah, okay," I said, rolling my eyes. 

"Hey, isn't that your boss's boyfriend?" Okuyasu asked, pointing to a redhead man sitting at a table outside of a cafe. 

"One of her boyfriends," I snickered. "It's Kakyoin-san. C'mon, let's say hi,"

"Oh, hello Kagome," Kakyoin greeted as I called his name. 

"Where's Sensei?" I asked. 

"She ran off with Jotaro somewhere," He said. "Is there something you needed from her?"

"No, I was just wondering is all," I said, shaking my head. "How come you're all alone over here?"

"I was actually trying to call them," He said, standing up. "I can't seem to get a hold of either of them."

"I'll try too," I said, pulling my phone and dialed Y/n's number from memory. "That's odd. It went straight to voicemail." I frowned.

"Do you think something happened to them?" Okuyasu asked, making each of us tense up. 

"I-I'm sure it's nothing," Josuke said, trying to reassure us. "They're probably doing something and don't have their phones."

"As much as I hate to say this," I said. "But that isn't possible. Sensei has her phone on her all the time in case of a lead or something."