Chapter Twenty-Five: Playing Detective

His house was about fifteen minutes away from Morioh station, in a part of town known for its views and villas. Actually, it would be considered his former house where he lived as Yoshikage Kira. Now he has a new name, a new face, a new job, a new place to call home, and maybe even a new family. 

Koichi and Okuyasu searched through the kitchen, while Josuke, Kakyoin, and Jotaro investigated the study. You and Kagome were in the master bedroom of the house, picking through the room. If you wanted to find any clues as to where he may be now, you would have to search the house from top to bottom.  

"Well, he was definitely organized," Kagome said, referencing the neatly folded pants, and color-coded closet.  

"His books are even arranged from height," You said, brushing your hand along the spines, as you scanned over the titles. "And most of them are art or anatomy books."

"Do you think he was an artist?" Kagome asked as you picked one up and flipped through it. 

"Doubt it," You said, showing her the book. "All of the pictures are of hands."

"Hand fetish much?" Kagome cringed as you placed the book back in its original place. "Anyways, there's not much in here. Let's go see if the others have found anything."

You made your way to the study, looking at the pictures on the wall as you did. When you came into the study, Josuke and Kakyoin were standing over Jotaro's shoulders, looking at something the tallest man held in his hands. 

"Did you find anything?" You asked.

"An old album," Jotaro said, passing the book to you. 

"Yoshikage Kira. He was born in Morioh on January 30, 1966," Jotaro said as you flipped through the pages. "He's nearly two meters tall, he weighs 65 kilograms and his blood type is A. He was born to older parents, and when he was 21, his father Yoshihiro Kira, fell ill. It seems his mother died soon after. He graduated in 1988 with a degree in literature. The same year, he starts at Kame Yu in S-city, and in 1993, he transfers to the Morioh branch."

"He doesn't have a criminal record, and he was never married or had a close friend or lover," Kagome said. "He's never even had a surgery."

"We won't be able to find him by fingerprints, dental records, or surgery scars then," You said, handing the book back. 

"So we've reached a dead end?" Josuke asked.

"Check it out," Kakyoin said, pointing to the mantel. "Trophies and plaques. They all say third place, so he wasn't the star of the show. "

"That's on purpose," You said, crossing your arms. "He never wanted to be the center of attention, so he never made himself that way. No one knows what his talents are; what his strengths or weakness are. He thought staying low would be the best way to stay out of trouble."

Jotaro closed the book. "My hope coming here was to find some of his hobbies or interests--anything in the slightest."

"Hobbies?" Josuke said, turning around to the desk. "I may have found one."

"Really?" Kagome asked. 

"Yeah. For some reason, he keeps a bunch of jars in this drawer," He replied, opening the drawer and picked up a jar. "If you ask me, they look like a bunch of bonito flakes. But what is with the numbers? 1983, 1984, 1985, must be the years."

You noticed something inside and walked to the drawer to see what it was as Josuke poured some of the contents in his hand, then smelled them. "Phew, these smell disgusting!" Josuke said, scrunching his nose up. You picked the object up, along with a notebook.