Chapter 21

Eventually, the princess could not stand being bedridden any longer. The pain lessened enough that she could move about the halls at a slow pace and that was good enough for her. Once Gimli left to check on the Hobbits, Linnéa called forth a healer to help her dress. The woman felt a bit hesitant to help, for fear that she was active too early. Yet when the princess pushed herself up off the bed, even with a little difficulty, but held herself up without struggle she relented. The healer helped Linnéa out of the white slip she wore for comfort and into a loose gray dress.

"Please don't over exert yourself," the healer said. "I don't want to see you back in this bed so soon after making progress."

"That's not my intention," she promised.

Walking through the halls it felt so refreshing. No longer lying down and seeing other individuals beyond her friends. Asking where Frodo was being cared for, someone directed her through the halls.

Her kin remained unconscious, but Sam woke two days ago. He was exhausted, but talking to Gandalf, Aragorn, and Legolas about the ventures Frodo and him experienced since they separated so long ago. She was interested in hearing all about it herself when the time allowed it. But for now, she settled with seeing the Ringbearer and his progress.

"What are you doing, milady?"

With a slight smirk, her attention turned down the hall. Gimli walked her way with a pointed look.

"I have no idea what you are talking about, my friend," she said.

And with a huff he said, "You're supposed to be resting."

"You and I both know another day in that room and I will be climbing the walls."

"Your health is more important."

"So is my sanity."

He couldn't help but chuckle.

"I thought you were off to find Sam?" the princess asked.

"I was, but he was not in his room," the Dwarf said. "Only other place to look–"

"Is Frodo's room." He nodded. "I was on my way there now."

"Then I will join you."

Linnéa cocked a brow down at him. "No protest?"

"You've exhausted me," he huffed.

She was about to remark back when another voice interrupted them, "It is nice to see you walking."

Éomer joined them both. He didn't wear any armor, but carried his sword on his hip. It was nice to no longer see the worry on his face. The warrior finally seemed to be at ease.

"Are you well?" Éomer questioned.

"Now that we no longer have to worry about what's lurking behind Mordor, I feel better than ever," Linnéa answered. "I'd gladly get whacked by that Troll again."

The man laughed. "I'd rather not witness that a second time. You made many of us worried."

"I like to think I keep those around me on their toes."

"You have no idea," the Dwarf grumbled at her side.

The man chuckled from the comment. "I never had the chance to thank you for what you did for Éowyn. She would be dead if not for you or Aragorn."

"You both would have done the same for any of us," Linnéa said. "She has grown to be a dear friend of mine since our meeting in Rohan."

"I'm still not sure how we could ever repay you."