Senior year

"Eren, wait up", an arm hooked itself into mine and I saw that the arm belonged to Mikasa. I was on my way to school, summer break was finally over and we were starting our senior year and with we, I mean Armin, Mikasa, Annie and I.

"Morning Mika", I greeted my girlfriend, who had been my childhood friend along with Armin. She confessed a year ago and ever since then we had been going out. "Are you coming over today? Moms making eggplants", my stomach turned at the thought, yet I couldn't turn her offer down thus leading to me giving her a wide smile and nod.

Before we went into our new class, we saw Annie and Armin flirting in front of the door. "Oh what a sight, two nerd birds in love", I snickered then Armin turned around. A fist came flying and I caught it pulling him into a headlock. "You big oaf, how Mikasa fell for you is a mystery", I laughed as we all finally entered the classroom. Annie and Mikasa sat next to each leaving Armin and I to sit behind them.

Mikasa turned around and gave me a bright smile "Aren't you excited for this school year", her happiness was radiating throughout the class atmosphere. "Yep, I can't wait", I lied through my teeth. I couldn't stand school nor anything that was grouped together with it. Yet I adjusted myself to her liking. The gap in our compatibility is something she would never understand, sometimes it threw me off however as long as she was happy I couldn't have cared less.

Thats most likely the main reason she fell for me, because I perfectly worked on myself to be the perfect boyfriend. It was just easier that way, I had the perfect disguise for all the people close to me. Adjusting to how they wanted a friend to be or how my mother would prefer her son. Perhaps thats why on the other side, I'm so boring.

Our homeroom teacher entered the room immediately writing his name on the board.  Smith it read. It sounded American and he also looked like a foreigner too fancy to be teaching at our bland school. As our lessons went on, I daydreamed while looking out the window, nothing particular was in my mind. 

"Eren", Armins voice ripped me out of dreamland. Mikasa and Annie stood there holding Bentos, as Armin explained that they wanted to eat on the rooftop even though our school forbid it. Mikasa gave me that genuine smile again holding out her hand waiting for me to take it as I did.
On the stairs towards the rooftop, a boy came from the opposite direction down the stairs passing us.  Had he skipped class, I thought, on the first day already.

Mikasa fed me egg roles as she continued to ramble on about how her parents were buying a new cat. "You'll be the first to see him", she stopped feeding me as I placed my hand in front of the chopsticks cause the two egg rolls made me feel full. She tilted her head and a few strains of hair fell in front of her face. Unconsciously I tucked them behind her ear and she turned red. Mikasa was a beauty, yeah.  "Eww get a room, you two", Armin teased and I snorted telling him to shut up.

After a long, dragged day, lessons were finally over then Mikasa and I were on our way to her house. We ate her mothers dinner and her mother and her full of excitement talked about school and pulled me into their conversations. Afterwards she pulled me to her room. "Look, I got you the sweater we both found cute for your birthday this month", I acted excited despite hating the sweater, but as long as she was happy, what did it matter.