~Chapter 23~

Narrator's perspective

With no consequences to worry, Camille has been getting herself drunk day and night. Despite sharing a room with Hope, she didn't notice her sister wallowing in her thoughts and despair every night. She noticed that Camille has been coming back to their room after midnight which was highly unlikely of her but never questioned her motives.

Even though her vampire side won't let her get drunk over 1 bottle, she had to resolve to buying 5 a night. Always spending time with her family when she isn't drunk. She never wanted to die, She wanted to watch Hope fall in love with someone, have children and be a godmother and aunt. That won't happen if she won't get a hold of herself.

"Hey, knew I'd find you here." She smiled happily and sat down besides Hermione who got startled by the sudden appearance of her.

"Why? Anything happened?" She questioned, taking in the sudden change of personality Camille was emitting.

Camille shook her head, "Nothing happened. I just came to find you and give you something."

"For what?" Hermione couldn't keep her smile locked away when she saw how happy the girl looked. She watched Camille get something from her bag and give it to her, a small envelope with her name.

"It's been days since I made this. I'm drunk enough to give it to you now." She said like it wasn't a big deal.

"You're drunk? Cami—" Hermione got cut off when Camille motioned her to open it instead of asking her why's she drinking. She gave up with a sigh and opened the present. Her lips faltered into a smile, the gorgeous sketch that Camille drew came at view with her eyes.

She didn't know that Camille possessed such a talent. That made her special even more. "Camille, It's beautiful." She said truthfully, looking upwards to meet the girl's eyes who was shrugging.

"It's alright I guess. I've been holding onto that for the last couple of days, didn't know if I should give it to you or not." Camille confessed, not even bothering to shut up before she said something out of the blue.

"Why? I mean, Why are you drunk? Surely it's not because you're happy." The witch put the drawing away on the table and gave her her full attention.

"Hermione Granger. You? Finally care for me?" The girl gasped and got pushed playfully by a blushing girl in front of her making her laugh. "I'm kidding. Let me show you something." She stood up and gestured Hermione to follow behind.

Hermione sighed leaving her books behind to follow the girl with no questions asked. She didn't need to, whatever Camille was planning, She knew it will never harm her or worse.

She didn't even utter a word when they walked towards the forest, the place they always go to whenever they have a rough time. When Hermione gets upset on Ron and Camille will carry her from tree to tree so she can feel adrenaline and relief from her problems.

Camille stopped by a tree, a purple plant right besides it. It's small but also visible to its shining color. She knelt down and showed it to Hermione.

"Am I suppose to know what it is?" The girl ask with a lazy smile that sent Camille laughing to her behaviour.

"Pick it up." She said and Hermione eyed her questionably before doing it anyways. "You don't feel anything, right?" She asked and the brunette nodded, still confused on what's happening.

The Vampire took a deep breath before touching it for a second, she winced in pain and retracted her hand immediately, the sizzling sound made Hermione widen her eyes in shock. Hermione frowned, mostly confused but wanted to scold the girl for doing that. "What just happened? Did you know that would happen? Are you out of your mind." She pushed Camille making her chuckle again, her eyes were already red from her drinking.