~Chapter 38~

Narrator's perspective

     When Ron came back, all things were well and Hermione insisted that they should travel to the Lovegood's residence. There was a lead, hopefully a good one, and managed to convince Hope and Camille to come along as well as the symbol they saw looked promising.

Now, Xenophilius sat in front of them while Hermione tell stories about the Deathly hallows

"Do you want to read it?" She asked sarcastically for Ron interrupted her making Camille snort as Ron looked at her dumbfounded.

Hermione cleared her throat and began to tell the tale. "There were once three brothers who were travelling along a lonely winding road, at twilight. In time, the brothers reached a river, too treacherous to pass. But being landed on the magical arts, the three brothers simply waved their wands and made a bridge. Before they could cross however, they found their path blocked by a hooded figure. It was death and he felt cheated."

"Cheated because travellers would normally drown in the river, Death was Cunning. He pretended to congratulate the three brothers on their magic. And said that each should earn a prize for having been clever enough to evade him."

"The oldest, asked for a wand more powerful than any in existence. So death fashioned him one from the elder tree that stood near-by. The second brother, decided he wanted to humiliate death even further and asked for the power to call loved ones from the grave. So death plucked a stone from the river and offered it to him. Finally, death turned to the third brother. A humble man he asked for something that will allow him to go forth from his place without being followed by death and so it was that death reluctantly handed over his own cloak of invisibility."

"The first brother travelled to a distant village, where with the elder wand in hand he killed a wizard with whom he once quarrelled. Drunk, with the power of the elder wand given him. He bragged of his invincibility. But that night, another wizard stole the wand and slit the brother's throat for good measure. And so death took the first brother for his own."

"The second brother journeyed to his home where he took the stone and took it thrice in hand. To his delight, the girl he had once hoped to marry before her untimely death, appeared before him. Yet soon she turned sad and cold for she did not belong in the mortal world. Driven mad with hopeless longing, The second brother killed himself for him to join her and so death took the second brother."

"As for the third brother, death searched for many years but was never able to find him. Only when he attained a great age to the youngest brother shared the cloak of invisibility and give it to his son. He then greeted death as an old friend and went with him gladly, Surpassing his life as equals." Hermione finished, closing the book as well and looked at them.

"So there you are, those are the deathly hallows." Xenophilius spoke with calmly while he looked outside the window when the story was done.

"I'm sorry sir but I don't quite understand." Harry said apologetic, his eyes stayed at the necklace around the Lovegood's neck.

The Lovegood looked back and scrambled his way to a desk where there were paper and a coal. He drew a straight line and looked at Harry, "The elder wand. The most powerful wand ever made."

Camille frowned, looking over at her sister who also was out in the know. Didn't know where this was going, but still watched attentively.

He drew a circle just by the bottom of the line. "The resurrection stone." He then drew a triangle covering the line and circle, "The cloak of invisibility. Together they make the deathly hallows. Together they make one master of death."

Hermione looked at the symbol again and remembered of what she saw on the cemetery, "That mark is on the grave in godric's hallow. Mr. Lovegood, does the Peverell family has anything to do with Deathly hallows?"

"Er.. Yeah. Ignotus and his brother codmus and Antioch thought to be the original owners of the hallows and therefore the inspiration of the story." Xenophilius walked back to the living room and took the kettle opening it, "ah, the tea's gone cold. I'll be right back." Lovegood walked down the stairs with the kettle mumbling words like a crazed man on high.

"Let's get out of here." Ron said and grabbed his bag, afraid of the consequences if they stay here more longer. "I'm not drinking any more of those stuff hot or cold."

Hope agreed as it never did quite felt right when she entered the house. All of them walked down the stairs ready to go. Camille stayed besides her sibling, a gut wretching feeling of what's to happen today.

"Thank you sir." Hermione spoke startling Xenophilius and he looked at them, startled by their voice.

"You forgot the water, for the tea." Ron said, and the man chuckled walking his way to the dishes where lots of plates were.

"It does not matter, we should be really going anyways." Hermione said trying to walk to the exit.

"No you can't!" Mr. Lovegood shouting startling all of them, All of them frowned as to his change of behaviour. He walked to the door, blocking it like he's crazy.

"What happened?" Camille whispered to Hope who shrugged and just listened to the interaction.

"Sir.." Harry called in confusion as well,

"You're my only hope..." He spoke. "They were angry, you see about what I've been writing. So they took her..." He said in desperation. "They took my Luna.."

"My Luna.." He said again and walked forward to Harry, brushing his hair aside to see his lightning scar that Voldemort gave of him.

"Who took her sir?" Harry asked but deep down he knew very well who,

"Voldemort..." As he said the name, many death-eater flew around the house, pointint their wands and shooting.

Mr. Lovegood tried to stop them by going outside but it didn't help. Camille pulled down her twin whilst many glass and plates were being thrown their direction. Harry shouted for them to hold together so they can disapparate, which they did so quickly.

Once they got to the familiar woods and treemark, they panted and Camille asked if Hope was alright which she nodded catching her breath.

"What just happened?" Hope asked, brushing away the glass of her shoulders and coat.

"Death eaters. Let's do the charms." Ron spoke in a huff and went their seperate ways.

Before they could even get started, someone crept behind Camille and snapped her neck too quickly. Hope got taken aback, before she can even react quickly, a wand was placed under her neck telling her to stop or else she'll die.

The Golden trio looked at each other before running for their lives. Hermione on the other hand, didn't have a choice seeing as she was pulled by Ron who was more than eager to not be captured.

A snatcher was holding onto Hope, the tip of the wand can easily kill her. She didn't take the chance since Camille would literally kill her before that would happen.

"Can you atleast let me go? You just killed my sister." She argued, not afraid even of how many that was surrounding her. Most of all, pissed that Harry and the others ran with no looking back.

"Nu-uh. You." A guy pointed at his companion. "Carry the dead girl. I have a feeling those three would get caught." He said in a smirk while having Hope captive.

Hope sneered, resisting the urge to break each of their necks. But, he was right anyways. Harry and the other would not survive this run even if they try, they would get caught. So, Hope played it safe knowing that Camille would do the same if the roles were reversed. She just hoped that Camille was awake when they got dragged to a manor she was unfamiliar with.

-~-~-~