~Chapter 32

Narrator's perspective

Groggily, Camille opened her eyes. She rubbed her neck from the stiffness of it while maintaining her eyes half open. She then noticed that she was on a chair, she looked around lazily and knew that she's in the tent. Camille stood up and wanting to explore or even stretch her legs but got stopped by a barrier around her. She sighed defeated like when her head rests on the invisible barrier alone. There was salt surrounding her, courtesy of Hope Mikaelson.

Soon enough her eyes opened and sat down on the chair sighing.

"Aunt Freya will be astral projecting any minute. You're just in time." Hope's voice came at view as she stepped up the stairs and stopped just outside the salt.

"That's fantastic. Will the whole clan come as well?" Her sarcastic remark got Hope rolling her eyes and clicked her tongue. "Where are the others?" She asked seriously.

"Outside. They're trying to find a way to destroy the Horcrux." She explained and pulled a chair for her to sit. "Disclaimer, dad is coming too."

"Oh please. Bring the whole family if you would." She scoffed, sinking in her seat just as much when she felt overly pressured.

Hope sighed, closing her eyes of her sister's behaviour. "You don't actually think we'll let you get killed? Come on, Cami."

She averted her eyes downwards, not wanting to speak any longer. All she wanted to do was go home, let her family be happy in a world where they grew up for centuries on.

"So what's with the barrier? I'm certainly not going to kill myself, I already intend to do it my way. If you know." Camille held her chin high when she looked back to her twin who sighed in defeat. "Can you atleast get me a blood bag? I am in desperate need of it."

"Sure. As long as you believe that you are wrong to keep this from us and me especially." She shrugged, raising an eyebrow at the girl who looked at her as if she was insane.

Before she could even ask, the atmosphere turned weirdly. The light flickered and in a blink of an eye, Freya and Klaus with a devastating look.

"Camille." Klaus greeted with a tone of sadness lingering in his voice. It was too nerve wracking to hear that your own daughter has a suicidal concept for the happiness of others. "Why is she surrounded in salt?" He asked looking back to Hope who raised her hands innocently. He sighed and didn't mind of it.

"So, do you mind telling us what you were planning on doing to get us home?" Freya asked, her arms crossed looking at the Vampire who shrugged.

"You're the ones who told me I'm the only one who can bring us home. Don't blame this on me."

The three outside the circle of salt sighed knowing that there is no getting through to her.

"Since when did she start acting like the newly turned vampire Camille?" Freye asked to them who could only look at one another. "Cami, we wouldn't let you start a spell you can't handle."

"That's why you have no choice. Speaking of, have you found the spell?" She asked in hopes that her aunt did. It soon faltered when Freya avoided to answer her question.

"Do you really want to do it? Bring us home?" She asked seriously, walking closer to the barrier spell and waited for an answer.

"Even if it kills me." Camille answered truthfully, only for the answer to gain a few sigh and reaction from her father and sister behind.

"We'll let you do it."

Klaus and Hope looked at the woman in disbelief. "What?" They both asked in unison and didn't bother to take note of it.