~Chapter 47~

Narrator's perspective

꧁𝑊.𝐻.𝑂. 𝐷.𝑂. 𝑌.𝑂.𝑈. 𝐿.𝑂.𝑉.𝐸.
~𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚖𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚛𝚜

꧁𝐿.𝐸.𝑇. 𝑀.𝐸.꧂
~𝚉𝙰𝚈𝙽

Hermione followed her just by the entrance of the Forbidden forest. At first, she was curious on why Camille was going here instead of finding her sister inside the school just like she said. Then again, she had much more pressing matters in her head.

Harry and Ron agreed for her to have a private moment with the Vampire. The Potter had his suspicions of his bestfriend growing a crush to Camille and it confirmed it when he saw how Hermione was practically swooning over the girl and how her eyes would twinkle when she talks about her or to her.

It only brought Ron an awful pain but knew that there was nothing he could do but to watch it happen. He's grown insensitive about it back in the woods when they were finding a way to find horcruxes, the day he left and how he lashed out at his Vampire friend. But this time, The only thing that would make him happy if the two would already get together. Hermione's happiness was his goal, not her heart.

"Hey— I really have to go." Camille forced herself to smile, pushing back the water in her eyes before it could rain down like a storm. She got stopped by Hermione who looked breathless and squeamish.

"Are you okay? It looks like you've seen a ghost." She asked, stepping closer to the girl and saw something holding Camille back. Hesitation? But why?

"Y-Yeah I'm okay. I just need to see Hope." She sighed out, thanking herself that she could even think of a sentence without breaking down and crying. "You go back to the castle. Celebrate with Harry and Ron."

Hermione furrowed her eyebrows. "You make it sound like you're leaving, Camille." Her voice broke, fear planted on her face as she thinks about it.

"I am leaving. Only that you go to the castle, I go to the forest." Camille inquired, a small smile plastered on her face while she tried her best not to look so guilty and suspicious.

"No You go to the forest and I'll go following you." Hermione said stubbornly, causing a proud feeling from Camille as she wouldn't let the subject go. "Can we actually... talk first? It's been too long since we had a decent conversation and I miss you."

Camille had to clear her throat and dug her nails inside the skin of her palm to stop herself from hugging the shorter girl in front of her. She really does love her— Fallen head over heels...

"Sure..." Camille said in a whisper, letting go of the weight on her shoulders. "But we need to hurry, I'm in a bit of a mess."

"I've been thinking." Hermione started, couldn't believe she would actually say this— confess her feelings to the one she truly loves. "Thinking of what we... what we had in the past few months."

Camille nodded, gesturing her to go on while she had her arms crossed. She didn't noticed on how close they were but that didn't matter anyways.

"I'm going to sound really idiotic and out of character, Camille." She whined sadly, looking down to her feet as she couldn't bring herself to hold eye contact.

"Then be out of character for a minute. Be idiotic." Camille stated, a faux smile on her face while she held Hermione's chin up so they could look at each other properly. "I'm all ears."

Hermione nods, a courage filled her heart but not enough to say what she really wanted to say. "I didn't mean it when I said that what we had was nothing." Before Camille could intervere she continued. "It's what I always think about, Cami. The spark of light inside you intrigued me in ways you can't imagine."