Grace

Millies pov

I woke up, gasping for air. I can't breathe. The lights were off, but one still on at Maddies desk. My hands started to shake, and I tried to steady my breathing.

Maddie turned around and had a concerned look on her face as she watched me, then got up from her desk and sat down next to me, taking my hands to try and calm me down.

"It's okay mills, just try to breathe. It's okay." She repeats, as I try to calm down. She pulls me into a hug, which I hug her back.

I usually have dreams like this, waking me up and causing me to panic. I just try to ignore them, but I'm thankful Maddie is here.

I looked over to the time and it read 2:03. I laid back down, and Maddie laid next to me, letting me hug her till I fell asleep.

"Wake up sleepyhead, you have class soon," I heard Maddie say from across the room, waking me up. I furrowed my eyebrows to see that it's 10:30. Maddie is sitting at her desk, working again. She's wearing the same thing as last night, and she has her glasses on.

"I'm sorry about last night," I said, standing up.

"No, it's okay. I get it." She said, and we both smiled at each other.

I left the conversation at that as I went to my clothes and tried to pick something out to wear. I ended up just putting on leggings and an oversized hoodie, keeping my glasses on. I decided I would go get Starbucks before class.

Wyatt🧃

Wanna go get Starbucks?

Sure, I'll meet you outside the dorms.

I smiled, then put my phone in my pocket saying goodbye to Maddie. I walked outside of the dorm, and Wyatt was waiting for me. I smiled at him, as he looked at my appearance.

"Cute outfit." He said, and I chuckled.

"I have one class today, not dressing up for that." I said, and he shrugged.

"Fair enough." He said, as we started walking to Starbucks.

"So how was your first day of work? Where do you work again?" He asked, as I watched our feet move along the sidewalk.

"It was really good actually. I was just a little nervous. It's at the Dunkin, like a 10 minute walk from here." I replied, and he nodded.

"Have you met Noah? He's my roommate." Wyatt explained, and I nodded.

"Yeah, he's actually pretty nice." I said, and Wyatt laughed. Soon enough we ended up at Starbucks, and I got an iced while chocolate mocha. He got the same thing. After a lot of arguing, he ended up paying.

"So what are your plans today?" He asks, and I shrug.

"Probably gonna go take this class then do schoolwork till I have to go to work." I said, and his eyes met mine. I like his eyes.

"Lame." He said, and I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Well what are you doing?" I asked, and he smiled.

"My friend is hosting a party, I'm gonna go hang out there for a little bit." He said, and I nodded.

"What times the party?" I asked, and he grinned.

"9.30. Why, you interested?" He asked, and I smiled. I haven't been to a college party, let alone a highschool party.

"Sure, count me in."

Class was boring as hell. I walked out of that shit faster than usain bolt.

"Hey!" I heard a boys voice yell, and I stopped dead in my tracks. I turned around to see the curly haired boy who's smile never leaves his face when he's looking at me, walking towards me.

"I didn't know you were in that class." He said, and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I didn't know you were in that class either." I said, and he nodded. He eyed my appearance, and smiled.

"What?" I asked, and he shrugged.

"Nothing. You just look different without the uniform." He said, and I laughed a bit. I looked at his appearance, as he is wearing a white hoodie with black jeans.

"As do you." I said, and he shrugged. His eyes met mine, and I didn't know whether to look away or keep watching him.

"Finn let's go," I heard a female voice say behind him. The girl stops and looks at me. She's a little taller than me, and has short light brown hair.

"Hi, I'm grace." She says, sticking out her hand for me to shake it.

"I'm Millie." I say, and her eyes widened.

"Oh my gosh, your accent! I love it." She said, which made me smile. I look back up to Finn, who's eyes are locked on my face with interest.

"Well, I better go. I'll see you later Finn. Nice to meet you Grace." I said, Finn giving me a small smile as I made my way towards Starbucks to study.

"If you make me spill this I'm going to kill you," I said jokingly, as Finn was helping me learn how to make coffees.

"Fine, fine. But are you getting the hang of it?" He asks, and I nod. It's a pretty slow day today, so we're all just standing around and talking.

"Finn, you're going to the party right?" Caleb asked Finn. My eyebrows raise in interest, knowing that I'm going to a party tonight.

"I don't know, it's kind of late." He said, checking the time. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused as to why he wouldn't want to party.

"Are you talking about Pat's party?" I asked, and Caleb nodded.

"Why, are you going?" He asked me, and I nodded.

"Cool, I'll see you there." He replied, and I nodded, looking to Finn.

"You're sure you don't wanna go?" Noah asked Finn.

"On second thought, sure." He said, as I walked away from the group of guys chatting to find Sadie.

"Why the sudden change of heart? Very suspicious," I hear Caleb say. The other guys smirk at Finn, and he rolls his eyes.

"Hey, I just want to go. Nothing suspicious," He replied back to Caleb, as I walk farther away to let my ears leave the conversation. I find Sadie, and she's up front on her phone, bored.

"Hey, you going to the party tonight?" I asked her as she smiled and nodded.

"Yes, are you?" She asked me. I nodded, and took my phone out.

"Here, I'm gonna give you my number. My roommate Maddie and I are probably going to go together if you wanted to come with." I said, and she smiled.

"That actually sounds great. I'll text you!" She said, smiling and letting me dial my number into her contacts.

"So, what's up with you and Finn?" She asked, and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What about me and Finn?" I asked her, and she winked.

"He doesn't act like that around me, just saying." She said, and I laughed.

"He's just being friendly." I said, and she replied back with a sure.

I wonder how this party is going to go.

Boring ass chapter